PDA

View Full Version : Help I feel like I am being strangled

Wonderwoman
24-07-06, 12:29
Hi All,

Feeling a little scared............I feel like someone has their hands around my throat strangling me and I feel hot and keep checking the mirror to see if I am red and I am - blotchy around my neck and chest. This started in class about an 1.5 hours ago (I am Teaching in Vietnam) I have since caught a motor bike taxi home(not for the faint hearted) to an empty apartment (my Husband is at work for another 2 hrs).

Please tell me this is a classic/panic attack symptom.............I read somewhere last week that this is a throat cancer symtpom and now I am freaked out - but haven't googled.............or I would be worse.

I felt pretty good all day..............please reassure me.

Thanks

Wonderwoman
24-07-06, 13:12
Its starting to ease now - muscle tension I hope???????????

Dave777
24-07-06, 13:52
Hello , glad it's getting better.
Put the kettle on, sit down and relax.:D

Wonderwoman
24-07-06, 14:50
Thanks Dave,

Do you think its anxiety or should I be worried?? It felt so strong at the time and lasted a while................just feel exhausted now.

Wonderwoman
25-07-06, 01:09
Can anyone relate to this??? Or am I alone with this one?

eeyorelover
25-07-06, 01:55
Hi hun -
I'm sorry you had a rough time of it today. To answer your question, yes it is a very common symptom (well 2 different symptoms I should say). I get horrible hot flashes from anxiety and because I am old - lol
The strangling thing - some have stuck in the throat feelings while others have the feel like you can't breathe being strangled feeling.
I'm glad your feeling better now.
xxx
Sandy

Twila
25-07-06, 01:56
Hello Wonderwoman,
A friend of mine suffers from Panic Attacks and she often tells me that at times she feels like she is being chocked when she has her PAs. Hope you will be okay. Good luck!!
Twila

Wonderwoman
25-07-06, 12:49
Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest..............I knew deep down that it would be that...............but we all get so scared and think the worst when something new and severe happens..............x