PDA

View Full Version : Newly diagnosed with anxiety disorder

PeppermintT
15-08-12, 11:44
I've suffered with depression & anxiety for several years and have tried to manage this myself, with intermittent prescription of citalopram. I find my gp intimidating and avoid talking about this, just trying to carry on. Recently, this has exacerbates to the point of not being able to function. Didn't want to go back on citalopram as when feeling ok made me feel so flat thus removing any enjoyment from my life. Gp prescribed Sertraline but made me feel much more anxious and so physically unwell. Gp then referred to CMHT who suggested duloextine but the side effects sounded so horrendous didn't want to try this, now back on citalopram and propranolol (to get me out of bed in the morning), but still feel awful. Feel constantly sick with upset stomach, fearful, sad, desperate. Due to have counselling but don't feel optimistic about that. What else can I do, I am frightened by my feelings both physical and mental. I'd never self harm, 2 lovely children and partner, but they deserve better.

nomorepanic
15-08-12, 11:57
Hi PeppermintT

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Fennizzle
16-08-12, 00:17
Hey, your symptoms sound pretty much the same as mine. I thought I was the only one ha ha. Do you have good and bad days? I find I'm worse on a morning for some reason. As for your family, I'm in the same boat. I have two wonderful young children and a very wonderful and supportive wife and they don't deserve it. I hope things work out for you and if you want to talk in here!

molly1
18-08-12, 01:04
hi peppermintt and fennizzle,
i also relate to these symptoms
what dose of citalopram are you on?
my gp recently increased mine to 30mg when i was in crisis and was unable to go to work but at the moment i feel like a zombie i could sleep 24 hrs a day if i could are u the same?