PDA

View Full Version : dry mouth and thirst

sarahblonde32
15-08-12, 12:31
DOes anyone suffer with dry mouth and thirst? I seem to be so thirsty lately and keep drinking water, but sometimes water just makes me feel sick so a nice fizzy drink or a squash sometimes quenches it (bad i know)
I assume dry mouth is a symptom of anxiety, so this is it i guess!??

sarah

swgrl09
15-08-12, 12:36
Are you on any medications that could cause dry mouth? I used to get it a lot from my antihistamines for my allergies. I think it is a common side effect of a lot of medications. I am like you, water straight up sometimes makes my stomach hurt so I have to have something else.

sarahblonde32
16-08-12, 09:56
Hi,

No not on anything, i get really thirsty and sometimes talking alot can make me gag, so i ALWAYS have a bottle of water or drink on me, and tictacs or mints, but i dont think it should be like this. the anxiety i guess.
sarah

iloverabs
16-08-12, 10:08
I used to get periods for months of having a dry mouth constantly. For me it was caused by mild inflammation of the sinuses which kept occuring in me as I was dairy intolerant. I went through wondering if I have diabetes, but I didn´t! I think diabetes is usually accommpanied by other symptoms.

I am told any infection or virus in the body can make you extra thirsty, even if you´re not aware you´re ill.

Anxiety definitely causes a dry mouth...think about the moment you are giving a speech and your mouth goes completely dry.

when I get a dry mouth from anxiety, I make sure I drink a lot and chew gum. Like everything it passes after days / weeks / months.

Get the doc to check you over for your own peace of mind. I usually go to the doc if anything persists for more than two weeks, or if it becomes worse.

x