PDA

View Full Version : Worry yourself sick over the weather?

busybee09
15-08-12, 12:56
A few months ago when we had the terrible floods and the rain wouldnt stop i've started getting worried sick thinking what if each year the weather gets worse and worse until one day it wipes us out.

I also fear the end of the world, heard a lot about it and very worried because even NASA have a section on their website :S :S
It's a section about the world isn't going to end, but why would they post it anyway this just panics me more!

Indiepoos
15-08-12, 23:54
You sound just like me! I've always been paranoid about weather, if it's hot it's too hot and if it's raining then it'll flood us, it's horrible, not to mention embarrassing.

Lately I've tried to reason with myself saying "It rains somewhere every single day and how often do you hear about a city being wiped out? A lot of people think weather is beautiful and exciting and don't worry a all, some people even purposely seek out hurricanes! And is worrying going to make it go away? Worrying makes you sick and makes you feel horrible and it doesn't change the events of the weather. If the world doesn't end then I'll look like a fool freaking out over a bit of rain and wind, and if it was serious how many levels of bad weather are there before being wiped out? A bit of a flood, damage to your house or car, maybe some fences knocked over, it's a long way to really harming you. And if it did get really bad then you'd know, you'd know that there really was danger and you wouldn't be alone, everyone around you would be worried too and would work together to try to make it better."
Try some rescue remedies to calm your mind , I swear by them for making me chill a little when I get worked up.
Also I recently tried meditation which really helps, if you can just relax and focus on your breathing and your posture and think to yourself "Everything around me is exactly the same as always, my body is absolutely fine, it's my head that's the trouble. My head is worried and it can stop worrying. If there is an emergency I'll deal with it then and let my instincts tell me how to survive but until then I have no excuse for working myself up"

I hope this helped, good luck :)

.Poppy.
23-08-12, 03:45
Where I am, it's just the opposite - we've had two years of drought, with this one being really awful. I've never been afraid of rain/storms (I'm a Kansas girl and embrace them) but this really is scary. The crops are in awful shape and weathermen are saying that if we have another year like this we'll start having dust storms.

But, if you let yourself worry like this you won't do any good. The weather is going to do what it is going to do. As people we just have to learn to adapt and hope that it's enough.