PDA

View Full Version : Any funny doc stories?

busybee09
15-08-12, 15:39
Theres an article on the side about people going to the doctors and there symtpoms turning out to be the opposite of what they thought.
Anyone got any funny stories to brighten my day ?

I went to the doctors because i could feel a big lump in my stomach ...turned out to be a touch of trapped wind!

Also i thought i had ear cancer.. but the lump was my ear canal, id be prodding so hard id made it swell up.

SheilaH921
15-08-12, 15:47
I do things like this loads, its embarrasing but also relieveing when it is nothing. Ive went about a lump i thought was under my arm that i had convinved myswelf was cancer but the doctor couldnt even feel anything! He said it was just fat!!!! :blush:
Errm loads of other things like this, like i felt a lump on the back of my head and my doctor said it was normal. Oh and one time i had got myself in a huge mess over them lumps behind your ears!!! I had convinced myself one was bigger and that i had cancer. I was making the doctor feel both of them and telling him one was bigger and he was laughing saying it wasnt. Another time I had bad headaches and was sure my forehead was bigger cuz id a tumour!!
Gee i didnt realise i was this bad until i sat down to write it!!!!:doh:

busybee09
15-08-12, 16:54
I do things like this loads, its embarrasing but also relieveing when it is nothing. Ive went about a lump i thought was under my arm that i had convinved myswelf was cancer but the doctor couldnt even feel anything! He said it was just fat!!!! :blush:
Errm loads of other things like this, like i felt a lump on the back of my head and my doctor said it was normal. Oh and one time i had got myself in a huge mess over them lumps behind your ears!!! I had convinced myself one was bigger and that i had cancer. I was making the doctor feel both of them and telling him one was bigger and he was laughing saying it wasnt. Another time I had bad headaches and was sure my forehead was bigger cuz id a tumour!!
Gee i didnt realise i was this bad until i sat down to write it!!!!:doh:

Same with me about the lumps behind your ears ! lol, i was convinced it was a nasty lump, i think they said it was lymph nodes or something.
x

swgrl09
15-08-12, 18:23
I've posted this somewhere on the forum before, but I was convinced I had a tumor in the back of my mouth ... it was a tonsil. I had my tonsils removed as a very small child so didn't think it was possible, guess they can grow back. I was SO embarrassed as I was practically crying in the office before the ENT looked in my mouth ... in one second he said it was a tonsil.