PDA

View Full Version : Irish coffee and meal

xtremx
15-08-12, 17:25
Hi, I went out for the day yesterday and had a good time drank abit more than I should. But was invited for a Indian with a few friends (they picked-up the bill) I don't normal eat heavy meals after 6ish and this was at 8pm had a starter and main but Also 2 Irish coffees and I don't drink coffee hate the stuff but one of my friends said it was nice.And in total I had about 8 pints of beer. Got home ok about 10:30 and was in bed buy 12 but about 1:30 I woke up with a cold sweat and chest pain (worse when lying down took some antacids to see if that was it but it carried on until abou 5ish and I was starting to panic abit,as have been to a&e twice with chest pains blue lights and all and this has left me scared when anything happens around the chest area.

I do suffer from gerd and was wondering if this is all because of my friends treat for me and this coffee stuff as like I said I cannot stand the smell off coffee if my wife drinks it I cannot go near her because off the smell!

Could all the feelings I was getting because of eating late and coffee(as I take it Irish coffees have a lot of coffees in them).
Or could it have been my heart

Maybe it is just my gerd playing up and my mind making it worse . Any idea would be good as would hate to see my doctor due to this as my doc is fed up with me!!

Sorry all

Elle-Kay
15-08-12, 20:33
You've had an awful lot of stimulant in one evening by the sounds of it (8 pints of alcohol + 2 x coffee + 2 x shots of liquer), which would account for your sudden panic I think. Also if you're not used to eating later in the day and had a spicy meal that would probably account for your heartburn too.

xtremx
15-08-12, 20:53
You've had an awful lot of stimulant in one evening by the sounds of it (8 pints of alcohol + 2 x coffee + 2 x shots of liquer), which would account for your sudden panic I think. Also if you're not used to eating later in the day and had a spicy meal that would probably account for your heartburn too.

Thanks Elle-Kay.
You reply has help ease my mind it's been nearly 24 hours and still feeling the effects.
I have been reading up on Irish coffee and yes that added to the beer and afraid to say my meds looks like it added up to a bad concoction.
It has made me take a close look at my life again and have come to terms that I must stop my drinking before it gets out off hand again.

As it has already nearly ripped my family apart, but that was before I started to suffer from panic disorder my health worker thinks my drinking was masking my anxiety so was leading me to thinking if I started heavy drinking I could handle my panics & anxiety (but I know it does not work that way).

But your helpfully reply will help put my mind at rest as you told me what I should of known already but as with most things I miss read it.

theharvestmouse
15-08-12, 21:06
What you had is a recipe for making you feel ill. An Indian meal on its own takes some getting over, add to that all that alcohol and its no wonder you felt ill. Just try to drink loads of water and eat light meals, you'll get over it in a few days. Then try to look at sorting out your problems.

xtremx
15-08-12, 21:40
Thank you harvestmouse. I will follow your advice!!

Having looked on the net I found that heartburn is worse when lying down so that ties into something I was a lot better last night when out of bed sitting up but as soon as lying down I was getting chest tightness and that was making me stress more!!!