PDA

View Full Version : Hiya -new

Lani
29-05-04, 18:59
hi, i'm 17 and ever since i can remember i've been terrified of heights, when i was about 12 i developed a fear of buildings and high ceilings as a result and because at my old heigh school people thought i was lying it's been allowed to get worse.

I'm still trying to figure out how i can help myself.

Love ualani

nomorepanic
29-05-04, 19:05
Hi Lani

Welcome to the site.

I hate heights too - it is quite a common phobia.

Apparently the best way to get over it is exposure - but that is not easy because you put yourself in the situation that you dread.

Have you considered hypnotherapy - not sure if that would help or not?

I hope you get some help on here as well.

Nicola

seh1980
29-05-04, 22:47
Hi there,
Welsome to the site! Don't worry, no one actually LIKES heights, I know I don't. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here-I certainly have!!
Take care
Sarah (seh1980)

me
30-05-04, 20:57
hello lani welcome to this wonderful site its full of fab helpful infomation and lots of lovely caring people. oh lani i hate heights i cant
go or do lots of things because of it! im sure you will find help here x like nicla says perhaps hypnotherapy might help t might be good to go and have a chat with one.... give it ago x good luck take care from mary

Lani
31-05-04, 15:05
Thanks, it's nice to have people who understand, my mum tries, but i can't help feeling that she's a little disappointed. I'm off to the doctors again on thursday to talk about Meniere's disease and get my ear pressure tested, to see if that's the reason for everything.

lani xx