PDA

View Full Version : Extra heart beats - anxiety?

Ventussi
15-08-12, 18:49
My life has been really stressful recently. Today, when I woke up, I noticed that I had additional heart beats. Don't know how do you call it. It's like bah-bah-bah-bah-BAM-bah-bah, etc., etc. And this BAM is like my heart would like to jump out of my chest. I ate breakfast, swallowed Magnesium + B6 and it went away.

At 6 pm I went to the Church (there's a holiday in a Catholic Church today) and I decided to go to confession. When I was waiting in the queue, I got a bit nervous and these additional heart beats came back. Again, bah-bah-bah-BAM-bah... and the more I was thinking about it, the more I was getting nervous and it was like bah-bah-BAM-BAM-BAM-bah-BAM... etc (sounds silly, I know) and I was just freaking out. I thought it could be because of I think about it. And I hardly started to focus on something else, anything would be good, and then the frequency of it dropped and was only once for a while, but when I started thinking of it, it raised again.

Now, when I'm writing this, i don't have this problem but when I stop writing, and start thinking about it... it happens again.

The worst thing is that I sometimes think that it's due to some very dangerous heart disease and then it becomes like a storm in my chest. I need to quickly change my mind, breathe deep and slowly and it slowly goes away.

Tell me, is it dangerous? I had a few extra heartbeats from time to time in past, but it was occasionally, and I'd never focused on them so they went away. Now, when I'm still thinking about it... it's hard to get rid of them.

SheilaH921
15-08-12, 18:54
Yep i get that when i am stressed out i would get heart palpitations and sometimes i get the feeling that my heart is racing. Its not a nice feeling but it doesnt usually last that long. Try not to worry as anxiety would def cause this and the more you panic the worst you'll feel. Try to relax and de stress and it should go away