PDA

View Full Version : Will I sweat less on Sertraline than Citalopram?

morgz84
15-08-12, 22:58
Hi guys,

I have been on 40mg Citalopram now for nearly a year. Generally it has helped me a lot and for the most part I have felt more content and generally calmer. Recently, I have been feeling more depressed but I think it is more down to recent events rather than clinical depression as such.

I feel that Citalopram is pretty good for me except for one side effect which has never gone away, the sweating. I am overweight but not massively obese, however the sweating drives me crazy. The smallest physical activity has me reaching for towels to mop my forehead and sometimes barely able to see due to salt in my eyes. It is really embarrassing sometimes, and the other day my little cousin who I love dearly backed off from hugging me goodbye I think because I was such a horrible dripping sweat monster; it kind of upset me, but I don't blame her!

I understand that all SSRIs are likely to cause sweating, but I am interested to know how bad Sertraline is for sweating. The doctor has suggested changing over to 100mg Sertraline but I was quite irritable on the first day of it. I do have a tendency to be irritable anyway so it was quite difficult to tell if it was the Sert or just me getting annoyed with people. Because I had a family BBQ the next day, I went back on the Citalopram. Now after a load more excessive sweating I am considering changing again.

Has anyone here changed from Cit. to Sert. because of excessive sweating? Did you notice any difference?