PDA

View Full Version : Suffered in silence

Fennizzle
16-08-12, 00:05
Well where do I start? My name is Andy and I'm a serving soldier. For the past 8 years i have suffered what I have been told is an anxiety disorder. I have mood swings ranging from unbelievably happy to the lowest of the lows, nothing inbetween, I'm scared something is horrendously wrong with me, I feel like I don't want to go or do anything with my young family and I live with a constant fear of dread. I am on medication and have spoken to the mental health people but through deployment I have not been seen in over 18 months. So that's my hello, I'm not all doom and gloom though ha ha ha just need like minded people to help me through really. Cheers

athena_115
16-08-12, 00:09
Welcome Andy! Sorry to hear what you're going through, and I hope you will find strength and reassurance from nmp. Anxiety can do extreme things to us and people here will understand your symptoms - you are not alone :)

Fennizzle
16-08-12, 00:13
Anthea_115 thanks for the reply. I just want to try everything I can to try and feel better. I feel as if this is going to go on forever and I can't have that can I ha ha. I'm sure talking to people with similar experiences will help though. Thanks again

nomorepanic
16-08-12, 00:16
Hi Fennizzle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.