PDA

View Full Version : Is there light at the end of the tunnel??

jdoody
24-07-06, 14:32
If you'd have asked me 3 months ago I would have said no but for now at least things are easing up slightly.
I still get anxious, I still panic, I check my breathing & get light-headed (everyday in fact) but the fear it brings has gone, its there ive accepted it and I know I can live with it, its not a nice feeling but its done me no harm so far and I'm not going to let this ruin my life.
The one thing thats makes it harder is other people not understanding, I dont tell my friends because they'll think I'm strange, my boyfriend thinks I use it as an excuse to be miserable. I know I can post on sites like this but maybe I'm feeding my anxiety by reading other people posts.

J.Doody

Paddington
25-07-06, 11:03
hello J. I am in the same faze as you at present..i cant quite believe it !I ,too,have the same feelingd but dnt seem to react as i did,it was joining here that helped me!So continue topost as it soo helps others to see the light at the end of this awful dark tunnel we have been propelled into!I dont think we feed our anxiety by reading psts ,but i agree that it should be done in moderation and more as an encouregment to others who are still stuck in the fear cycle.I was in the loop 4 18 years on and off,i am aware it can jump up and bite me on the backside at any time ,and today i am stressing over taking my grandson to his first big conert[i could not have done this a few months ago!!]but i will JFDI!!!!Nice to swop feelings J,and congrats on yur recovery,well done!love mary-rose.xxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore