PDA

View Full Version : Need some support, feel like im back to square 1!

Gotagetthroughthis
16-08-12, 14:19
Hi everyone, I wasnt sure where to post this but I will post it here as I dont know weather my symptoms are health anxiety or something physically rong with me.

I started suffering with what the doctors tell me is anxiety a few months ago. It started with random chest pains that I obviously got more and more worried about, then it lead to just feeling like crap everyday and not feeling quite right, I just didnt feel normal if you get me.

Anyway one day at work the weird feelings in my head and the chest pains got worse and I suddenly found myself sweating, body tingling and feeling like I was going to pass out, thinking I was going to die, so I assume this was my first panic attack.

From that day onwards I never felt the same, these attacks happend a few times a week and I kept going home from work. Then one day a had one of these attacks and it was like the feeling never calmed down, i was out of control and in a constant state of high anxiety and thought I was going insane, with a range of strange symptoms.

This started to calm down about two weeks ago and I felt a little bit better, still not normal but the anxiety wasnt a constant feeling. I went back to the doctor and they perscribed me Citalopram and signed me off work. So I have been taking Citalopram for 11 days now and everything has been ok with no major side effects apart from feeling a bit and dizzy and foggy. That was until yesterday when I woke up feeling a bit crapy and then through the day it just escalated. By the evening all they symptoms I had a couple of weeks ago were suddenly back. I felt completely disorientated and confused, felt like my legs didnt belong to me, as if it was effort to move them, my brain felt so strange, felt like it was shutting down. Everything just felt so weird and it was so scary. While this was going on I noticed I was a bit unsteady on my feet and my right eye pupil was much larger than my left. I obviously read up on this and read that having one larger pupil can be caused by lack of oxygen to one side of the brain and various diseases/tumors involving the brain. (I no I shouldnt google things but I was so scared at the time)

Now I dont know if its anxiety doing this to me or the medication or I do have something rong with my brain. I dont think its the medication as I had most of these symptoms before I started taking them.

I just need some advice and support, after thinking I was starting to feel better, last night has just smashed me back down and Im back in the constant weird state feeling anxious all the time. Cant sleep and cant eat.

My doctors havnt checked me for anything to with the brain, do you think this is a good idea. Its like because I have anxiety they assume thats the cause and dont check anything else. I havnt mentioned the one pupil bigger than the other to them because i never noticed it before.

I cant even do anything to take my mind of things because the feeling is in my mind, cant read or watch tv or do anything because I feel so damn weird. Its like my brain is either dying or trying to process a million things at once and over analysing everything.

What do you guys think I should do, should I just carry on day by day and see how I get on? Do these feelings and symptoms I have sound normal? Or do I need to be tested for something? I seem to get the symptoms and then the anxiety comes, not the other way round.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long winded post. I would be so greatfull for any replies.

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 14:28
Hey, this must be so scary for u. Anxiety can make u feel like u r going crazy. When i felt my worst i kept getting the fuzzy feeling in my head, i felt really weird as if my body was here and my head wasnt. Not a nice feeling at all. I find that i get one symptom then they all come. Like il get a chest pain and il panic then il b sweaty,disoriantated,dizzy,heart racing etc. If u keep feeling this way id go bak to ur doctor just for reassurance. But anxiety can def cause all this x

nervousmummytobe
16-08-12, 14:50
Like me you feel the symptoma are causing your anxiety when it's most likely a bit of both! Any slight thing can send anxiety through the roof! My anxiety started because I feared a small rash I had was a symptom of lymes disease even though 6 doctors told me it wasn't and I even paid for blood tests to make sure ! And I still dont trust the results! You say you used to suffer with anxiety but felt better for a while... Maybe subconsciously you began to feel anxious again! I don't think you need any more tests just like me maybe we need treatment and help for our real problem which is ha ! X

Gotagetthroughthis
16-08-12, 16:04
Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone else think this is all down to anxiety or could it be something else?

Indiepoos
16-08-12, 16:29
Ask to be checked out, it's a nasty truth that doctors will automatically blame anxiety for things if they know you suffer from it without really going the full mile to make sure you're healthy.
Even if you're fine, it's nice to have peace of mind so you can relax. I think you should try going in to a health shop and asking them for options on medicines that help with stress/anxiety/depression. There are lots of remedies which really work, they aren't all just placebos.
x Good luck

Gotagetthroughthis
16-08-12, 17:07
Thats the thing Indiepoos I ask to be checked but they just say its anxiety and all these things are normal. So they dont send me for any tests.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

As my symptoms come and go, is this a sign that it is indeed anxiety? Would symptoms come and go if I had something rong with my brain?

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 18:33
Was just about to say do your symptoms come and go? Do they get worse if u are stressed and atart getting anxious about them? If they do then i really would say its anxiety and i wouldnt worry. It sucks that anxiey can cause this because if u google it its the same symptoms of other serious things. It just gets you so stressed and worried. I have never been sent further than the doctors office for any of my problems but i do notice they come and go depending on how i feel and thats how i know its anxiety x

Gotagetthroughthis
16-08-12, 20:39
Thanks Sheila. Yea my symptoms do get worse with stress and worry so maybe your right. But the thing is like I just forced myself to go the gym, started jogging and was feeling ok to be fair then suddenly, my head went a bit foggy and I started getting chest pains, I tried to stay calm and did for a bit but the symptoms carried on so then the anxiety started as I was sure I was going to pass out so I had to stop and go home. When im in that state I do not believe its anxiety doing it to me the symptoms feel so real and down to ill health.

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 20:51
Anxiety does that, and the annoying thing is it hits at the weirdest times. Alot of the time mine comes on when im lying in bed or sleeping. Its so strange! Then you worry how the hell can this be anxiety if i am relaxed and dont feel anxious! This baffles me and can stress me. I think ive come to recognise my anxiety symptoms and thats why i dont freak out over them. Like if they come on in a time in my life when big things are happening and i know i am stressed then i accept my symptoms are anxiety. Maybe it is because we havent had therapy to deal with the real reason we are like this and maybe it wont go away until we do?

I am here if you need anyone to talk to, i know that people who dont go through it just dont understand. :hugs:

Gotagetthroughthis
16-08-12, 21:41
Thank yo so much Sheila that really does mean a lot. Come in the chat room sometime :)

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:50
wheres the chat room? x

Gotagetthroughthis
17-08-12, 01:24
It should say Chat room at the top of page? inbetween forum and games. x

---------- Post added 17-08-12 at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was 16-08-12 at 21:59 ----------

If anyone awake im in the chat room feeling lonely lol.

Gotagetthroughthis
17-08-12, 15:03
Has anyone else had the one eye pupil getting much bigger than the other?

Gotagetthroughthis
20-08-12, 23:22
Thats how much of a blur everything is, i had no recolection of making this thread untill i just came across it then, which just about jogged my memory.