PDA

View Full Version : sweats

Coni
16-08-12, 18:24
Does anyone have any tips on managing the awful sweats I get with the venlafaxine? I have already reduced dose from 225mg to 150mg but though I dont think the sweats are just as bad, they are still really troublesome and embarrassing. Especially if I cant get to fresh air to cool down I start to get really stressed:blush:. My head and the back of my neck are particularly bad (not helped by the fact I have really thick hair lol).

Just wondered if there is anything I can do to reduce this effect?

Thanks x

Catya
17-08-12, 13:03
Hi coni.... I'll respond to you. Lol... : )
I also found the sweats very bad on venlafaxine and thought it was worse the higher I went. I reduced back down to 75mg but still had problems. I've now gone back to Prozac which has helped a bit, but causes more anxiety.
I also found the higher doses of citalopram made my hot flushes worse. I think it probably depends on your age as to how susceptible you are to the sweats.

Coni
17-08-12, 16:33
Thanks Kate, you could be right as I am in my mid forties. I have been on the venlafaxine for a year and reduced the dose and I keep thinking I'll persevere, but then they get so bad I think I cant bear it any longer.....its so embarrassing.

Im supposed to stay on medication for another year but I don't know if I'll manage that!

Thanks again x

pinkdove
17-08-12, 17:23
hi coni i could have written that post myself, im on 150mg of effexor, and the sweats are really getting me down, did you have any problems reducing your dose? mine are so bad im thinking of reducing my dose too, ive been on them since feb. wish i could advise you what to do, its my head and the back of my neck.....plays havock with my hair lol xx

Catya
17-08-12, 17:47
Owwwwwh the hot sweats!!!!!! I've got one now whilst I'm writing this. I'm really cross as well which has made me worse.
Yes... They start with a sort of nervous feeling in my tummy and then my neck and head start and then my chest!!! Oh yes, lovely!! Grrrrr......
Oh dear, you can tell I'm in a bad mood can't you!
I wouldn't mind but the people that push these drugs say that an 'off label' use is for reducing hot flushes! Grrrr. Grrr......

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

.... And.... I've been at the hairdressers today too, and my hair is now just stuck to my forehead.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

:doh:

Coni
18-08-12, 14:02
Yes they are terrible arent they, My hair is in a permanent state of wildness lol! I got my hair cut a bit shorter thinking that would help but it hasnt....Im now worried people may actually be able to see the sweat on my neck....yuck!

X