PDA

View Full Version : efexor quick withdrawal - update - help!

LisaS
24-07-06, 18:48
Hi everyone,

as you know i'm up the duff! so have to come off these quicker than had planned.. Luckily I was already down to 37.5mg before finding out!

My GP said just stop, but I have tried this and get really dizzy and vague! [|)][Ugh]which is not great in my job as I need to be on the ball and walking into things really doesn't look very professional!

anyway.. i now have these 37.5mg tabs and am waiting how long i can put up with symptoms before taking another.. this is getting quite tiring, so do you think I could try a new way of cutting them in half?

look forward to hearing any advice,

Lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

tara
24-07-06, 19:40
Hyis Lisa,

Not very good advice from me...it took me ages to come off effexor. I too had the dizzness and what I called yogi bear eyes...I used to move my head and it took ages for eyes to follow.

hope someone has some advice for you and all gos weel with your pregnancy.

Tara xx

Smile...it confuses people.

LisaS
24-07-06, 21:10
thanks tara!

love the yogi bear eyes! very good description.. or action man eyes.. very disconcerting.

are you off it now? are you ok?

Lisa

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

Clare_63
24-07-06, 21:21
Hi Lisa I was on Effexor for a while and when I was told to start coming off them I did it slowly. Instead of taking 2 each day I stated skipping every other one, ie one Monday am miss Monday pm, take Tues am etc then after a few days missed another ie Mon am miss pm and Tues am, take Tues pm. It worked for me but may not for others.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you

Clare

tara
25-07-06, 08:49
Hi Lisa,

Yes I am off effexor now but at the time of taking these I was on a cocktail of meds, propanonol (140mg) and diazpam (15/20mg). I then switched to citalopram from effexor so I was never really off meds as such until now.

I no longer take meds, just the occasional propanonol when I feel it's needed.

Yes those yogi bear/ action man eyes were very disconcerting.

Tara xxx

LisaS
04-08-06, 13:09
hi everyone,

well i'm on my 2nd day of not taking anything after weening down to a 1/4 of a 37.5mg pill..

I am feeling very dizzy and disorientated and am this close to giving in and taking a 1/4 but dont want to have to start this all again..

any idea how long i'm going to feel like cr*p - have taken the day off work today..

along with morning sickness, i'm really struggling today.

help.
Lisa
xxx

tara
04-08-06, 14:09
Hi Lisa,

I did forget to add that my doctor told me to take vitamin b strong whilst comming off effexor as it helps.

Tara xx

LisaS
04-08-06, 14:16
thanks tara,

there is vit b in my pregnancy vits.. maybe i'll take extra!

have just given in and taken a 1/4 - i just cant cope feeling so cr*p. I think i'll have to do this every other day before my head gets used to it.

blimey how did you get over this last bit?

lisa xxx

tara
04-08-06, 17:57
Hi Lisa,

I can totally understand the feelings your getting from the withdrawl from effexor..it really isn't nice at all !!!!!

I felt awful too. The only thing I can say is stick with hun, the effects WILL go away I promise.

Tara xx