PDA

View Full Version : Side effects: fast heartbeat?

Sparkle1984
16-08-12, 20:03
Hi,

I've been taking Citalopram (10mg) for 7 days so far for anxiety. Whenever I feel anxious I always get a fast heartbeat of between 80 and 90 beats per minute, whereas when I'm relaxed it's more like 70.

However, ever since starting Citalopram my heartbeat has always been 80 - 90 beats per minute, even when I am feeling relaxed. The only time it slows down is when I'm in bed and about to fall asleep. Is this a side effect, and if so will it settle down after a few more days? Apart from this, the tablets are working well for me so far.

Iggy131313
16-08-12, 20:09
Yes my friend, it is a normal side effect, my heart rate is over 100 in the mornings and still very high when relaxed, also you may find your heart beat seems to be very strong and prominant, again all normal side effects and this will deffo settle down, 7 days is still very early on and sounds like you have avoided most of the nastiest side effects, give it another week and should be hot to trot. xx

Sparkle1984
16-08-12, 20:15
Thanks for that re-assurance. Yes I do often feel like my heart beat is stronger, in that I notice it more. In the past when I've been relaxed (eg when at my computer or watching TV) I never used to notice my heartbeat. Yet since I started taking these tablets I notice my heartbeat a lot more and it's more prominent.

Iggy131313
16-08-12, 20:18
But remember...a strong fast heartbeat means a healthy heart!