PDA

View Full Version : Something just set off my anxiety over my heart again:(

Jsp
16-08-12, 20:10
Over the past few days I've been getting terrible chest pains, going onto my ribs and my back and down my arm. Well, someone I have on facebook just had a heart attack, and they was only 17 (my age) so now I'm in complete panic and it's all I can think about :(

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 20:17
Thats awful about someone so young having a heart attack, its stories like these that feed my anxiety aswell. I cant even read them real life magazines anymore because they were full of horror stories and would get me in an awful state.

I get chest pains quite alot, heart palpitations and sometimes my heart feels like its racing. Sometimes the pains go down my arms, sometimes they shoot down my legs. It scares the crap outta me. I phoned out of hours last week cuz i was so scared. I woke up during the night with chest pains and they wouldnt go away. They said it was anxiety.

Being worried and anxious can def cause you to be like this. I am sure hearing about this person having a heart attack has made you very anxious and would cause you to have alot more symptoms.

Hve you been put on any meds? My heartrate and blood pressure gets raised when i am anxious like this and the doctor put me on betta blockers. Supposidly its meant to help with problems like this

Jsp
16-08-12, 20:54
It's scary isn't it :( I get pains down my chest, back, ribs, arms and into my neck. I was given propranolol but I'm asthmatic so it made me really short of breath so I can't take it!

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:11
yeah its very scary. Do you have any reflux symptoms? When i first got really bad chest pains i freaked out and the doctor gave me omeprazole which is an antiacid and it really helps x

Jsp
16-08-12, 21:19
Yeah I've been on omeprazole for years now, before I used to get chest pains and stuff. I assume the chest pains are just down to all the anxiety x

potato11
16-08-12, 21:20
Jsp, you have to take their personal history into account... did they already have a known medical condition

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:25
If i forget a few of my tablets my chest pains get really bad and i know its cuz i need my omeprazole. Or sometimes i need my dose upped for a while. I dont know if anxiety is linked to reflux but i was on 20mg of omeprazole and i got really bad chest pains. I was getting married a few months ago and the doctor upped the omeprazole to 40mg because i was going through a stressful period and now its back down to 20mg. Just incase it is from acid and u need the dose upped for a while?
Have you actually been diagnosed with reflux? I havent ah=nd ive been on the tablets over a year, i really dont like the idea of the camera down my throat.. but i dont know if the doctor will keep me on the meds without getting it done.

Jsp
16-08-12, 21:27
Not that he knew of, but they said they found an inflation of the heart of something? I've had ecg's done before and an echocardiogram which came back ok which I suppose is good though.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Well acid reflux and stomach ulcers run in my family, I haven't had any investigations done but it's kind of obvious I've inherited it. I tried lansoprazole which didn't work but omeprazole did. I've run out at the moment and have been using my mums lansoprazole, will get the prescription tomorrow.

The doctor has never mentioned getting any cameras done, I don't ever want one either!

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:34
maybe the chest pains are cuz youve stopped the omeprazole then? Seriously if i forget one tablet i have chest pains the next day. I bet when u start to take it the chest pains will go away xx

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

i find it can take a few days to work if i miss a few tablets. think the doctor said it takes 4-5 days to work.so by next week u should start feeling a bit better and the pains should ease. This is what happens me anyway....

potato11
16-08-12, 21:35
second question.. does he do a lot of exercise/sport

Jsp
16-08-12, 21:47
Yes that easily could be why. Hopefully when I start on them again I wont get as many :)

And I'm not entirely sure about that. Although I know I need to get some more exercise lol.

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:49
lol same here, doc said to me my bmi is over and if i eat better, lose weight, drink water then i shouldnt be having so much problems with the acid.

Ive just got so lazy these days lol

Jsp
16-08-12, 21:55
Haha aww I'm sure you'll do all those things!

I drink 4 pints of water a day, and am underweight, so i'm not sure why I get it.

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 22:39
Lol that was like a year ago! :doh: