PDA

View Full Version : sorry for posting again

abby38
16-08-12, 20:58
Hi, I'm constantly looking for for answers as to why I always feel ill and I'm scared I have skin cancer. Few months ago I noticed three blemishes on my arms, two on one and one on the other. As they weren't raised or itchy (just like pigmentation) I never really thought anything about it. I'm now scared to death that I've just left it and feel sick. I'm not going to sleep tonight :-( x

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:02
If they are just blemishes i am sure they arent anything serious. I am the same as you sometimes i put something to the back of my mind and then months later it pops into my head and i totally freak out about it again. Please whatever you do dont let yourself google it. It will get you in an even worse state and you dont need that. Talk here if you feel anxious or even send me a pm. You dont need to apologise for posting again thats what we are here for :hugs:

abby38
16-08-12, 21:16
I did Google it and now I could slap myself. Skin cancer/melanoma just kept popping up and now I'm really scared. Nothing simple was suggested which is what I was looking for :-( x

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Thank you by the way x

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:20
yep thats what i do and then i wont listen to anyone cuz i believe that i dont care if theres 0.1% chance of it being something serious il be convinced il be that person.

Your best bet is to get a docs app then and show them so you can then realise its nothing and out your mind at rest. Until you do that ul put urself through undue stress and probably get more anxiety symptoms. xx

abby38
16-08-12, 21:24
Yes I will. Go on holiday a week on Saturday, this is all I need. Thanks xx

Elle-Kay
16-08-12, 21:24
Is it like a discoloured patch of skin, not raised or anything? My Mum and my husband have these - they're pretty odd, how they just appear, but my Mum has been told that it's just a pigmentation thing.

abby38
16-08-12, 21:33
Yes three of them, no texture to them or anything, almost like bruise looking but just a shade darker than my skin. Does it sound similar? X

Elle-Kay
16-08-12, 21:34
My husband has two patches that sound just like that on his neck, and my Mum has some on her arms which she showed to the Dr as I said.

I forgot to mention: I've had similar on the inside of my wrist for years, too.

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:35
funny theres one of these on my 5 year old sons neck that i noticed ages ago and i never even showed the doctor. :ohmy: It nearly looks like a patch of tan on his neck.

abby38
16-08-12, 21:39
Thank you so much ladies, feel a little calmer. If I go to Google again I'm going to chop my fingers off lol x

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:40
lol google is the enemy :wacko:

abby38
16-08-12, 21:43
Lol agreed. Evil!! X