PDA

View Full Version : New girl :))

Ribbit
16-08-12, 21:01
Hi all,

I'm 32 and have lived with OCD since my teenage years. Ever since the birth of my first child 6 years ago I have also struggled with health anxiety and a rotten fear of death. My doctor has offered medication but I declined (I'm too scared of drugs!) so I do my best to manage with exercise and diet.

I hate the fact that I can't control my symptoms and thoughts, but I'm hoping this forum will help. I'm already feeling so much more positive just by reading some of the posts and knowing there are people in the same situation as me. :)

nomorepanic
16-08-12, 21:13
Hi Ribbit

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
16-08-12, 22:06
Welcome to the forum! My current anxiety episode is about fear of death and dying, so in some ways you are similar to me (although I was diagnosed with general anxiety and not OCD).

Don't be afraid or ashamed to go on medication if you feel you need it - I have and it's really helped me.

kittikat
16-08-12, 22:37
Hello & :welcome:

Hope you find the help and support you need from being here. Take care.

Kitti :)

Serenitie
17-08-12, 00:02
:welcome:

Ribbit
17-08-12, 10:01
Thank you folks :hugs:

greenwood
17-08-12, 11:57
Hi :welcome: to NMP X