PDA

View Full Version : hello

realworrier
16-08-12, 21:17
Hi, my name is heather, i used to be a member but have had to start again!
I have been suffering with health anxiety since i can remember, ive had CBT and thought i'd beaten my demons!!
Its back :( and back with avengance ive had a cough for about 6 weeks and as of 3 weeks ago an ex smoker. Currently on antibiotics for a chest infection but still cant help but think i've got lung cancer. I'm in such a mess i didnt want to be here like this again im in bits!!

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:31
Dont worry hun, if you are on antibiotics for a chest infection then this would be why you have the symptoms. I bet when the antibiotics start to work you'll start feeling better. DONT GOOGLE PLEASE :hugs:

congrats on giving up the cigarettes :)

xx

realworrier
16-08-12, 21:38
Thank you, This cough scared me into quitting smoking cold turkey.
i really thought i had beaten this i hate being back to a wreck thinking im at deaths door! i'm 26 with 3 beautiful children and my husband is my rock but all i can think of is this i wanna scream!!

SheilaH921
16-08-12, 21:43
yep im the same, 26 with 2 kids and all i think of is that i am most like dying all the time!! My husband doesnt know what to say to me half the time. All i say back is 'you dont know i dont have cancer'

R u the same about ur kids? I freak when mine have symptoms of any illness aswell...

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

I spent the last 2 days crying constantly cuz i was convinced id a brain tumour. My 5 year old kept asking what was wrong. I need to get better for them, i dont want them to end up like me...

HopeI'mWrong:P
16-08-12, 21:49
Hello! I've had a cought for the last 3 months! and I'm talking coughing stuff up everyday! It started with a sinus and chest infection, so I treat that and it's better now, but the cough(ing up discusting stuff) remains. Been to my doctor, and he said it's fine and a cough can perist for a while afterwards. And for an un-related reason had to have a chest X Ray, and everything was fine!

So I'm sure you're fine :) xx

realworrier
16-08-12, 21:57
yep im the same, 26 with 2 kids and all i think of is that i am most like dying all the time!! My husband doesnt know what to say to me half the time. All i say back is 'you dont know i dont have cancer'

R u the same about ur kids? I freak when mine have symptoms of any illness aswell...

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

I spent the last 2 days crying constantly cuz i was convinced id a brain tumour. My 5 year old kept asking what was wrong. I need to get better for them, i dont want them to end up like me...

i do freak out when the kids are ill but im not as bad as if it was me.

I think my 6 year old is turning into me, she worrys about the littlest thing and is so aware of pains etc. However i do think its in the genes my 95 year old gran was a terrible worrier with her health and my dad is like it too. I have no hope!! My husband says he can tell my cough is getting better i wish i could belive him!

Pipkin
16-08-12, 22:10
Hi Heather and :welcome:

If you can remember your old user name or email address, you can send them to me in a private message and I can do a search for you.

Pip

abby38
16-08-12, 22:30
Hi hun, well done on giving up the ciggies. Giving up can also give you a bad chest for a while. I'm sure everything is fine and the antibiotics will do their job soon x

realworrier
17-08-12, 07:51
Hi Heather and :welcome:

If you can remember your old user name or email address, you can send them to me in a private message and I can do a search for you.

Pip
my old email adress no longer exsits its ok i dont mind starting again :)

My non health anxiety head is telling me my cough is better today but my Health anxiety side is yelling at the top of his voice dont listen what do they know about it!! but in myself im feeling abit better so things 'could' be on the up :)