PDA

View Full Version : should have stayed in

teez
16-08-12, 23:05
hiya its been years since ive posted on here,,i answer posts but never posted,,but now ive no-one to turn to who would understand,,
for the last few weeks i had a throat infection which effected my breathing,,you know how we are only takes a little thing to knock us off course ,,the more stressed i got over my tight chest the worse it got,,played havoc with my agoraphobia yet still i pushed myself to go out with hubby,,i had some dreadful panic attacks but still i pushed myself to cope with day to day living as best i could,,my ibs also decided to join in giving my confidence yet another knock,,then we had a heatwave deep joy thinks i my life just keeps getting better ,,i hate heat at the best of times ,,that did it i found myself staying in one day, one i had a particular bad day for miss beats never had so many in a day before of course i know the more i thought about it the worse they got,,but then mum was taken ill,,shes in her eighties and not at all well,,i couldnt even get myself to go to the hospital putting rubbish out was traumatic enough,,so ive spent a week indoors ,,i know this is wrong because even missing a day going out makes it twice as hard when i do go,,but i woke today thinking thats it ive had enough of all this im going out,,i took the dogs out for their walk on the grass,,slight breeze in the air gave me a little more confidence the weather was that bit cooler,,the miss beats were already making themselves felt cos i knew what was to come i was making today the day i went out,,so i got ready and asked hubby to take me shopping,,id not taken my beta blocker i was going to wing it,,i shook head to toe,,my head was zapping like lightening but i did it id managed the packed shop,,even bought us both a cuppa and sat in the cafe still uptight but proud of my achievement,,hubby wanted me to see my mum whose back at her home,,which i didnt think i could do cos it was heating up and by now i was tired no actually exhausted ,,but i really wanted to see her ,,so i soldiered on,,when we got there my brothers and sisters were there and they have never understood my mental health issues something most of us know about,,and there i sat being had a go at by them all for not going sooner,,its no use saying but last week i felt so ill,,its no use saying when im ok we go daily to mums home to see her,,it wasnt worth the breath i was struggling to get to say it was all i could cope with to be there now,,it was bad enough i felt bad for not going over sooner but when i get that low and my agoraphobias in full swing you cant get me out the door for love nor money,,but minutes before id been flying ,,id been so proud of what id done ,,i sat like a little girl being punished ,,needless to say as we got in my nerves jangled ,,i spent the afternoon in the darkest of places still am if truth be told,,and tomorrow ive been ordered i must go again,,im already scared ,,i dont sleep as it is but im coiled tighter than ever and its to be hot too,, why is it people cant understand mental illness or just dont want too,,yet if it was something they could see maybe that would be ok,, sorry to moan but theres no-one in my life that understands just how hard i have to work just getting through the day,sorry i hate posting negative things but there really is no-one to turn too,thankyou for reading my long post

beautifulfreak77
17-08-12, 00:35
Hi i suffer with agoraphobia with panic disorder and depression,i just wanted to say well done,you went out and you did it...I know your family dont understand but you just got to think wow i did it,they dont know how hard that was for you but you know so you should be proud of yourself..I know how it feels no one quite understands my problems,but things that may seem simple to some arent for others...
Well done...And only do what you are comfortable with...
Good luck :) x

Donny
17-08-12, 08:25
You should be very proud of what you have achieved.

As long as your mum understands that is all that matters. As for your brother and sister. Screw them.

Live your own life the way you want to. You can choose your friends but sadly not your family. If the can't understand then that is their problem.

Allison Jayne
17-08-12, 11:34
Oh lovey you should be extremely proud of what you've achieved :-) by the sounds of it you have a very supportive husband and as long as he understands and also your mom then as already said sod what your siblings say. I hope you're feeling better soon xxx

teez
17-08-12, 12:56
thankyou for the support,,i had no-one to turn to yesterday,,i was filled with anger,,hurt and the blackest clouds loomed over me,,id worked so hard,,ive had agoraphobia and mental health issues for 25 years over now,,my father before suffered too,,but they never gave him credit either for holding down a job in the busy city of london bless him,,as i say because its not a physical illness they just dont understand,,im considered lazy and stupid ,,which being a mum and wife ive never had time for either lol,,today was really hard by the time i came out from seeing mum i was like jelly and my heart was racing,,made twice as hard because i now have the memory of my grilling yesterday in my head,,only went through it today for mum,,its boiling hot as well ,,thankyou once again for the kind words

trish1955
18-08-12, 13:34
as i was reading yr post i was there with you i new everything you felt but like they all say you did do it and i no your thinking how you would love to do it without all the drama me to like you i have gone shopping with jelly legs dizzy the lot had to leave shops to and get home but this past 2months i seem to want to go out my home more more in fact i am havein all the symptoms even in my home i feel wore out fighting with my self every day any way take care soldier on as we do trish

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

as i was reading yr post i was there with you i new everything you felt but like they all say you did do it and i no your thinking how you would love to do it without all the drama me to like you i have gone shopping with jelly legs dizzy the lot had to leave shops to and get home but this past 2months i seem to want to go out my home more more in fact i am havein all the symptoms even in my home i feel wore out fighting with my self every day any way take care soldier on as we do trish
i wrote that wrong i dont want to leave my home more more i am staying in

teez
18-08-12, 20:42
trish i have good and bad weeks ,,some weeks im what i class normal,,can do most things and get on with my life ,,others ohhhh boy,,just going out the door is so hard,,i make myself because i spent ten years of my life shut inside from agoraphobia before, i just dont want to end up back there,,your right its not easy and i have to work at it all the time,,i hope you can help hun because sitting in a house every day watching everyone else getting on with life is soul destroying:hugs:

bernie1977
18-08-12, 20:52
As an housebound agoraphobic of two years myself, I think you should give yourself a massive pat on the back. You have done so well, you were scared but did not run from the situation. Well done and keep it up as you don't want to go backwards with your recovery.

Take care
Lindsay