PDA

View Full Version : Need help URGENT :'(

Jsp
17-08-12, 02:36
I just had the strangest experience ever. I don't know wether it's related to anxiety or not but I guess it fits in here.

I was laying in bed, and suddenly got a load of palpitations. Then, I began shivering uncontrollably, like you would if you was ill with flu. Nothing made this go, so after five minutes I got out of bed and just spoke to my mum and had some water, and it went off after a few minutes.

Well it has terrified me as I coud not stop it or control it. I've been getting terrible chest pains the past few days and pains down my arm, giving me anxiety over my heart. Now I'm wondering if this was to do with my heart, or a panic attack? This did not seem like a panic attack to me, as I normally cannot breathe, do not shiver but more shake, and need the toilet more or less instantly. I feel a bit weird and dizzy right now too. My pulse doesn't seem fast either, quite slow if anything.

I'm just worried sick, I don't know if everything has just built up and reached a mini-climax or something :( help! I just want t get to sleep, I have a driving lesson early in the morning but I will have to cancel if I'm in this state!

smalltrace
17-08-12, 02:42
Anxiety and panic attacks can have some pretty full on nasty physical effects, so whilst I couldn't say that it is just that...it is very possible it was just a almighty attack of anxiety/panic. What sort of age are you? If your young then it is much more likely to not be your heart. Maybe you have caught a slight bug and your system is trying to rid it, like the flu but not the flu, if that makes sense.
Hope you feel better soon.

Jsp
17-08-12, 02:48
It's just as I've had them before but they did not seem like this :( so I'm panicking that it's to do with my health or heart. I'm 17, if you read my post I done earlier you will see one reason why I feel so anxious. I don't want to type it again as it will set me off :(

Thanks for your quick reply.

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 ----------

It was just the way it was palpitations, followed by some weird shivering attack that made me think that it's heart related.

Anxious_gal
17-08-12, 03:31
Palpitations are normal with anxiety.
Were you close to falling asleep as sometimes that in it's self can cause your heart to race on occasion.

The shivers, were due to adrenaline, from anxiety.
I get these a lot when I am anxious I get the shakes and shiver as if I am really cold.

Being dehydrated, having drank coffee, alcohol, smoked can all set off heart palpitations and anxiety.
Being tired, in pain or having PMS can trigger palps and anxiety as well.

If this is the first time it happened I would mention it to your doctor the next time you go :) It's always good to mention new symptoms even if they are caused by anxiety.