PDA

View Full Version : Missed Heartbeats

devon_guy
24-07-06, 20:04
I'm guessing these are the same as ectopics, that awful thud you get in your chest, and I feel like I have been winded. Has anyone else noticed if theirs are worse during all this hot weather? I only suffer from them occasionally but have had several today and am wondering if its the heat causing it.

Face, accept, float, let time pass

julieG
25-07-06, 08:06
Hi Devon.

I used to get these a lot. The weather is actually making my anxiety worse. THis could be the same for you - weather making your anxiety worse, in turn increasing the frequency of your ectopics.

Me? - praying for rain!!

Have a good day

Julie x

Two heads
25-07-06, 10:20
I def have noticed more over the last few weeks,i think the weather seems to make me over breath and that causes more1xxx

lin
25-07-06, 14:22
Hi

Yes missed heartbeats are the same i suffer with them and have now for 5yrs i get them for no reason even when i'm not stressed. I have them every day.

linda

polly daydream
25-07-06, 22:38
I have also defo noticed more during this horrible heat wave but do suffer with them constantly anyway.

Polly

looking4answers
26-07-06, 09:03
Hi,
I don't think that I mentioned this in my post topic but I had always noticed something wrong even as a child although no doctor ever said there was anything and I thought it to be normal for others..I have skipped beats almost on a daily basis and have since I remember.I was diagnosed with tachocardia...a problem that occurred with a fairly serious bout with Rhumatic fever as a child..Its not dangerous and I think that I read somewhere ..that almost 1 percent of all Americans suffer from this..Mine really came to light when I was hospitalised with dehidration..Over the years ..yes I have found it to be aggrivated by the heat..causing more skipped beats..also double worse to eat and then go into the heat..there is a third issue as weill..Gas always gets under my heart after every meal and traps there to make it skip again..and not enough rest does the same...Stress.. and the list goes on.. But here is a guide to the relief as much as I have found to be for skipped beats to help as much as you can do for it..First ...try to avoid really physical things for several hours after you eat..If you don't drink soda ..find something ..that is carbonated and make sure you burp after meals..especially when you eat heavy..Also when in the heat..try to break often and get in a cool place ..even if its just shade.. Also try to get plenty of rest..A person usually knows there amount of rest that makes the refreshed..Try to avoid as much stress as you can.. and when you are feeling stressful try to think of something that relaxes you or something you recently experienced as a pleasant experience...I was but on a mild beta blocker that gave me a reinforcement of slowing an already anxious heart.. but some will never have to do this.. I really understand that many many people have this and some never even know it..I am not sure this will help but its almost 20 years of dealing with this to find what helps.. Even if you don't take a beta blocker the things I listed here help..alot..If you have alot of gastric problems..then try always to keep those to a minimum..People say stay away from caffine..well it does produce gas..but I think that I would rather run the risk of skipped beat..Sometimes I think the lack of caffine causes skipped beats too..And yes I smoke as well..which leads me back to the fact that if I didn't I probably wouldn't have to worry about a beta blocker...You have to remember as well that antihistimines and other medicines can cause issues and well the lack of something you are used to having in your system can do this as well..I am not a doctor or even any kind of medical person , but can say from personal experience the things I have found to help..But its something I found that I have to live with and happens from time to time even as careful as I am ..I have been told by many doctors though that it is not harmful or life threatening..and it just happens to alot of people..Also there was something else I wanted to mention..Always be careful and get rest and seek advice from a doctor when you have a respitory illness this also seems to make it worse..I hope something I have said here helps someone..At least there are others that feel the same thing that you do.. good luck

angstsoup
29-07-06, 03:00
Hi Devon Guy

I like the way you describe the heart thingy- a thud
I was lying in bed before- adult daughter is in from out of state and she was watching TV with me until a friend picked her up
Out of the blue I felt something like turn over in my chest and yes maybe similiar to a thud
I have had this before although most of the time it is more like a skipped beat but this was a BIG thud type feeling
I tried to stay calm
I am sure the hot weather doesnt help though I must say I have gotten them in al sorts of weather
Frankly, I think it has to all do with emotions
Yes, sometimes I have gotten them even if I am not feeling anxious but still and all I think a thought or feeling triggers them
What do the rest of you think? Do you describe it as a thud or heart shaking, banging etc?
For me, my daughter recently got engaged and she and the fiancee have been in the last few days looking at wedding venues
I guess my patience is short especially as they are looking at one particular place while me and hubby like two others- they will not change their minds as they want a Sat evening affair. Sigh
I got angry if you will with them both esepcially the young man but of course didnt show it
Perhaps this emotional build up led to the thud just now?
Let me know your thoughts, guys
Devon, chin up and yes I like your quote from Claire Weekes
Now if I can ONLY hold to it

Hugs,

Soup

" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time." Charlie Brown

angiebaby
29-07-06, 21:01
Hi guys, i've suffered with these problems for 11 years and have just seen a cariologist. He says it is nothing to worry about and it may go and it may not, but it is not harmful or life threatening in any way. He was so NOT BOTHERED by my problems that he didn't even want me to have a 24 hour tape to record my heart on to check it out, and he has discharged me from just that 1 meeting. Don't feel as though he cared at all really. And i'm still getting them. Angie. x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

angiebaby
29-07-06, 21:02
Sorry, i meant Cardiologist. Ha Ha. Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!