PDA

View Full Version : Really scared about diabetes, please help

chloevictoria
17-08-12, 18:32
ok so i had trouble with swallowing and lack of appetite and lost a lot of weight recently. but i've just started eating properly again.
since i had a few really bad panic attacks i feel like i've got blurry vision quite a lot. i've had this before during anxious episodes, though.
but i have started to feel really sleepy and generally tired after a meal and my vision seems to get worse during this time. i'm really worried about diabetes!
i don't know whether i'm thinking too much or it's something wrong??
maybe it's just my digestive system getting used to eating proper meals? i'm about 7 stone 3 now and 5 ft 4, am 16 and eat a pretty healthy diet (most of the time!). the only thing i'm scared of is that my grandma has type 2 diabetes and i'm really scared i'm going to go into a coma and collapse or something!
please help?? :(

nomorepanic
17-08-12, 18:39
The best thing to do is get a blood test check done before panicking then you will know for sure if you have it or not.

A lot of chemists even do them now.

chloevictoria
17-08-12, 18:43
thanks for your reply. i'm nervous about having tests done and i'm nervous about not having tests done :( i don't know what to do

nomorepanic
17-08-12, 18:53
It is only a blood test so best to get it checked just for reassurance.

I am sure it will be fine but I think if you know then it will make a big difference to your worries about it.

spuder
17-08-12, 18:55
cant u do a urine test for diabetis