PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else's health anxiety worse at night?

Anxiety Jim
17-08-12, 21:55
Hi,

It might just be me but does anyone find that their HA is worse at night? In the mornings I feel very anxious for the 1st hour or 2, then it fades to just about manageable with a couple of panic attacks on bad days, and then at night I'm always having panic attacks, wanting to rush off to A+E.

And most nights I'm convinced that I wont survive until morning, which usually means me staying awake until 4 or 5, and only then because I'm so exhausted and come to accept I'm about to die.

Jim

SheilaH921
17-08-12, 22:13
Yes def worst at night time. I think this is because im alone with my thoughts and my mind just wont stop. Then i end up googling and really get in a state. Plus my chest pains seem to get worse at night and this scares me aswell :(

whybother
17-08-12, 22:13
Same here, sometimes i think i will not wake up at all. I am so terrified of hospitals and doctors the thought of them send into panic. I fall asleep at 7 or 8am and get up at 6pm... So ****ed up.

Anxiety Jim
17-08-12, 22:22
I'm glad I'm not the only one, well I'm not glad that other people are suffering from HA, but glad that others are having similar experiences.

Knowing other people are having similar bad times at night will hopefully help me to realise it's just my health anxiety and not something serious like I'll most probably be thinking.

Rach29
17-08-12, 22:36
Me too mine gets so bad of a night my breathing gets worse and I worry even more over that and think I'm gonna die, daytime is easier for me tho I do have my moments then.

abby38
18-08-12, 08:59
Definitely worse at night. I've spent many a night pacing because I'm having a bad panic attack and feel I'm about to die. I hate bedtime x

Iced_diamond
18-08-12, 10:46
Yes, mine is also worse at night, because I have nothing else to focus on and then my mind starts wondering. Then I start thinkining that I'm going to get ill during the night etc. I can see from this thread that I'm not the only one, so I think we can all take some comfort from the fact that this must just be anxiety and it is very unlikely that "something bad" will actually happen to us. This may seem like a bit of an obvious suggestion, but maybe try to put on some sitcoms or light comedy and watch that before going to sleep. The humour distracts me a bit and gives me something else to foucs on. Then I get really tired and just end up falling asleep. :)

Anxiety Jim
18-08-12, 14:48
I also find that watching comedy helps me at night time. At night I'm currently watching my way through seasons 1 - 7 of My Family on DVD on my laptop, I've been averaging a season per night!

And also as I feared my health anxiety is worse now, during the weekend. I've just called the out of hours GP because I think I've got a clot in my leg, even though I went to A+E on Tuesday and they gave me a blood test and it came back fine. :-(

I spoke to a nurse and she said the blood test would have ruled out a DVT, but for some reason I'm sure the test must have been wrong...

Kelseywelseyyy
18-08-12, 16:19

Em.ma
18-08-12, 20:09
same as me
my routine haha
im busy working etc in the morning so dont have time to panic

flutterbuy
18-08-12, 21:23
most definitely, its nearly non existent durin the day xx

kerri
18-08-12, 21:31
Hi, mine is a million times worse at night. I am sat here trying to remain calm but when you feel like you are having a heart attack it is very difficult to be rational

Anxiety Jim
18-08-12, 21:41
I'm sat here right now 100% sure I've got stomach cancer, and a clot in my leg. I was worried about both throughout the day, but now the panic is unreal! I'm so worried I'm feeling faint! I think the only thing keeping me from passing out is knowing my d-dimer test for blood clots was negative, and thinking that stomach cancer isn't going to kill me in the next couple of days, but I'm also so worried I've only got a couple of months left to live! :-(

Gotagetthroughthis
18-08-12, 22:19
yep completely agree.

Wake up feeling like crap for a bit, then feel i can handle the low anxiety through the day and then gradually comes back to full on anxiety as the evening and night sets in.

Always up end up being awake untill 6am, so any of you other late night sufferers get yourselfs in the chat room later, always helps to have people to talk to when the anxiety is so bad that you cant sleep.

Kelseywelseyyy
18-08-12, 23:04

Anxiety Jim
19-08-12, 00:23
I've been trying to get on the chat room all night, but it's not working. I've tried in chrome, firefox and IE but no luck, and I've also updated java. The java logo appears in a white square, but just keeps spinning forever.

Kelseywelseyyy
19-08-12, 03:19
It won't let me either :(

chomer86
21-08-12, 01:21
I am also exactly the same, so much worse at night! I have the feeling like i stop breathing the moment i fall asleep.. feels like my heart stops and i wake up gasping for breath, this can happen over and over again until the morning when my body is so exhausted i fall asleep. I am not convinced mine is anxiety tho, i think i have something really wrong with my heart or lungs, but i suppose thats the vicious cycle of anxiety. Hope we all sleep well tonight xx

Anxiety Jim
21-08-12, 01:33
I'm certainly not sleeping well.

I've got all the symptoms of pancreatic cancer, and when I went for a wee before going to bed I thought 'this will put my mind at rest, my urine will be the normal light yellow/clear colour' but it wasn't it was very dark yellow/orange! Which is another symptom of pancreatic cancer :-(

Anxious_gal
21-08-12, 02:08
Try to remember that it's the anxiety that is stopping you from enjoying life.
Its not your tummy or leg, it's the fear you are attaching to them, your imagination, the way you are thinking, the fear of death, that is causing you to feel so mentally bad.

I once asked how do you not fear death, I was told well once you die you can't fear it.

So all this worrying isn't helping x x

So you fear tummy cancer, pancreatic cancer and blood clots?

The blood clot test was clear plus I'm pretty sure blood clots cause your leg to swell no?

With pancreatic cancer you would have significant weight loss, your skin would be yellow, you'd also be getting blood clots.
Your liver function test would be all over the place too.
You would be in extreme pain, not a mild ache an unbearable pain, you'd be very ill.

If you were very sick the hospital staff would have kept you in :)

You've been convinced you were going to die a few times now and that's not happened.
It's just the anxiety making you more fearful that you would be if you didn't have the anxiety

chomer86
21-08-12, 13:15
Sorry to hear you didnt sleep well Anxiety Jim.
It is horrible when we are convinced we have a certain conditions and have most of the symptoms for it too. I know too well how this feels and i find it hard to believe what doctors tell me because i feel they just dont understand and i always think they must have missed something on the tests or i develop new symptoms after i have the tests done so then dont believe the last test. Its an awful vicious circle.
Sending you hugs xx