PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and stomach pain help please

Munchlet
18-08-12, 16:40
Hi

I posted a few weeks ago about a stitch like pain that I had under my ribs on one side.

I had it a couple of days and it went away but I keep getting strange pains in this area and in the same area on the opposite side and I can't stop thinking about them.

They are not bad pains they don't stop me from doing anything or wake me at night and they usually come on when I'm sitting upright so I'm trying to think it's muscular.

The problem is over the last week I also keep feeling nauseous, my acid reflux is playing up so it could be that but I'm starting to worry and I keep thinking I've got something wrong with my kidneys or liver, namely cancer.

I know anxiety doesn't help any of this but I keep thinking is anxiety really causing these symptoms.

I don't want to google liver or kidney cancer as I'm sure I have the symptoms and it will just send me into a complete panic.

Just wish I could stop thinking about it and stop feeling so sick all the time.

Elise
18-08-12, 22:47
Hi Munchlet, i suffered from a panic attack when i was on holiday a few weeks back and have not been the same since. The week i came home i had horrible stomach pains, i was convinced i had a stomach ulcer or stomach cancer.. i would cry all day and all night begging not to die. I'm a lot happier now..though the anxiety is still there and the stomach pains have now gone. Make sure u tell ur self its nothing serious (cos look at me! :) ) and eat healthy and it will get better - i promise. I am only 17 and i was so convinced i was going to die and that something was seriously wrong with me .. i know im young but i promise it :) Today i've had a bit of dizziness and i told myself it was just the anxiety and it went away as it came. Like i said its still there but once you accept that its anxiety fully, it will get better. I hope i helped and i hope you feel better soon, remember i know the exact feeling and if i can get through it (little miss worry) then anyone can lol! :D xx

Munchlet
19-08-12, 08:30
Hi Elise

Thank you for your post, it always makes me feel better when I know someone else has suffered with similar symptoms and it was down to anxiety.

I'm going to try and watch what I eat and get some excercise as I'm sure me moping around really isn't helping.

Thanks for you post and I'm pleased to hear your symptoms have improved. I had some major panic attacks when I returned from holiday a few months ago and it was awful, so I can relate to that must be something to do with the anxiety of coming home! xx:hugs:

uk23
19-08-12, 15:45
That's odd - I was on holiday in Cornwall for a couple of weeks and, apart from the odd bit of bloating, felt fine. On the day we were meant to drive back I had cramps, bloating and odd stools and panic. Since then its like ive been constantly bloated.

Hard to believe this is anxiety though.