PDA

View Full Version : Weight concern

brokenmp3
18-08-12, 18:28
Hi im a 35 year old male.

I've had a lot of stress this year, enormous stress, I've recovered from alcoholism earlier in the year then after a few months relapsed and went on a massive binge which I've just brought under control. I smoke a lot too. I don't drink alcohol now but drink a lot of tea.

long standing untreated depression and anxiety. I've just been put on citalopram so I've got to take them now and will have a look at the medication forum here later.

My concern right now is my weight.

I always eat what I thought was normal and never really given eating much thought at all, I have breakfast, occasional lunch and alwasy dinner a long with snacks in between. I eat meat, poultry fish drink milk vegetables pasta etc basically I'm not fussy like I say I've never given much thought to my diet.

A few months back when I wasn't drinking alcohol and generally feeling fit and healthy my mum said I need to put on weight, constantly making me meals and stuff, which was good but I didn't put on any weight. Recently someone in the addiction recovery place said I really need to put on weight.

So I'm sat here and decide to calculate my Body Mass. I did the heaight 180 and weight 37kg measurements a couple of time to get it right. Put those into the online NHS bmi calculater and it comes up as 11.42 and the needle is like right at the far side of the underweight scale. tried it again and same result.

I've always been thin but it never really bothered me, generally feel 'physically' ok but now i'm worried about this weight.

abby38
18-08-12, 18:37
To be honest if you're feeling ok in yourself I wouldn't worry too much unless it fell off rapidly. Some people just don't gain weight, my brother is like that and so was my mum. I've lost quite a bit of weight but put it down to my anxiety x

brokenmp3
18-08-12, 18:44
thanks for the quick reply abby38, I have an awful week, now It's Saturday and I was feeling ok then I had to go and find something to worry about, doh.

abby38
18-08-12, 19:00
Lol know how you feel. Something would be wrong if I wasn't worrying about something. Try to put it out of your mind if you can. I really wouldn't worry about it if you have always been slim x