PDA

View Full Version : read this and let me know if you can help

barbarah
18-08-12, 19:21
ive sufferred with panic attacks and periods of prolonged anxiety . at the moment im in a terrible state. Tight chest, totally obsessed with my breathing, mussy head it just wont go away. ive upped my dose of seroxat from 20mg to 40mg for the past 4 days . my doc is ok with it. when is it going to kick in?? im desperate. please help if you can.x

nomorepanic
18-08-12, 19:31
Hi barbarah

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bernie1977
18-08-12, 19:32
Hi there. It may be the increase in medication that has worsened your anxiety. This is a common side effect, it can take a while for your body to adjust to the new dosage. Some doctors also prescribe diazepam to counteract the increase in anxiety when putting patients on a new medication or increasing dosage. If you're no better on Monday maybe you should ring and ask to speak to your GP and see if they will prescribe a few diazepam

barbarah
18-08-12, 20:27
thank u. i did go and see my doc yesterday and he has prescribed diazapam 3x day if i need it. in past ive gone from 20mg to 40 mg and within a few days been better but this bout has really hit me hard. i just want to be myself again and for the seretonin to work:weep: thank u for bothering to reply .

bernie1977
18-08-12, 20:39
You're welcome. I hope the anxiety passes soon and you settle into the new dose of meds. I would definitely try a few days of diazepam as this will get rid of the horrible feelings.

Take care
Lindsay

barbarah
18-08-12, 20:42
you have made me feel much better about taking the diazapam now. god bless:)

bernie1977
18-08-12, 20:46
Have you not taken any yet? Have you ever had any before and what mg's have you been prescribed?

When I'm feeling really bad I take a 5 mg tablet but if you've never taken diazepam before this might be too much and make you a little drowsy. If I just need something to take the edge off my anxiety I take half of a 5mg tablet

barbarah
27-08-12, 18:09
hi
just come back off holiday and i did take 2mg diazapam along with the Seroxat. it helped and the seroxat is working now. thanks :yesyes:

Sparkle1984
27-08-12, 18:35
hi
just come back off holiday and i did take 2mg diazapam along with the Seroxat. it helped and the seroxat is working now. thanks :yesyes:

That's good news. :) Did you have a good holiday?