PDA

View Full Version : my head - please answer? :(

Elise
18-08-12, 23:46
Hi i am 17 and suffering from anxiety... ive had loads of different symptoms and i feel a looooooooot better now.. but whenever i'm sat down i feel fine.. yet when i walk about i feel really dizzy and detatched from my own mind.. is this a normal symptom from anxiety. I've been doing really well and trying to tell myself its just the anxiety but i feel as if i'm going to drop onto the floor. its not nice atall. :( thanks x

Anxious_gal
18-08-12, 23:52
this might be helpful :)

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Elise
18-08-12, 23:56
Has nobody shared the feeling? :(

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Thanks anxious_gal but i dont think thats the feeling .. sorry im really bad at describing it. I feel very much myself just a little off balance but only when i focus on it ...light headed i guess. :P hope i described it a bit better now ..lol

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

'

nomorepanic
18-08-12, 23:58
I had dizziness/lightheadedness for about 2 years with anxiety - I hated it!

Elise
19-08-12, 00:04
Ah thats good to hear - sorry not in a rude way just to make me feel more reassured lol. Is it normal to feel as if you're going to drop on the floor/faint?

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Please if anyone has had this feeling do share, sorry i sound so desperate im realy scared lol :(

Pipkin
19-08-12, 00:17
Hi Elise,

I had something very similar when I was younger - it felt like a pressure on my head and made me feel constantly dizzy. It is pretty common with anxiety.

Have you discussed it with your GP? There are other causes such as inner ear problems that would need to be ruled out.

Take care

Pip

Elise
19-08-12, 00:24
Thank you Pipkin for your reply :)) i've been doing so well, so i'll try to keep remembering it's the anxiety -- thanks again! :)

Pipkin
19-08-12, 00:30
Strange as it might sound, I found that it got much better if I got into regular sleep patterns. Try not to have too many late nights and get around 8 hours' sleep but not much more. It really helped me and might be worth a try.

Don't forget to mention it to your doctor, if you haven't already.

Pip x

swgrl09
19-08-12, 01:35
I've been dizzy quite often recently, usually it is when my neck and shoulders are really tense.

sammie23
19-08-12, 14:25
I have this alot :-(

Elise
19-08-12, 14:34
sorry to hear it sammie :( today im convinced i have a brain bleed just because i feel dizzy and a bit odd... ahhh its depressing me :( lol

Dizzydoll
19-08-12, 16:32
I have strange head sensations n dizzyness n feeling odd all the time x

busybee09
19-08-12, 19:30
Hi hun,

I have this 24/7 and the more i think about it the worse it gets... but i cant help btu panic about my lightheadedness so it does get worse, and i hate being left alone because of this

Jenanxiety
19-08-12, 20:14
Have you looked up vertigo?It is an awful thing, it makes you feel off balance, and like you're going to fall over, and for me it made me feel kind of out if it.
I hope you get better!