PDA

View Full Version : All Alone

Caitlyn89
29-05-04, 21:23
I think so far im the only emetophobic that carries around a bucket. Every other emetophobic told me they cant stand to look at buckets. Does anyone else do this?

Rennie1989
29-05-04, 21:31
hiya caitlyn

i h8 vomitin also, dont worry though.

im ok lookin at buckets at clean manors but i dont think of it as a source of vomitin

Scooter Girl

HB
11-06-04, 16:36
i carry a bucket with me in the car at all times, i also have one at college that is kept in the office (was embarrasing telling them why i needed it!)

H

Meg
11-06-04, 16:42
I am not emetphobic at all but I always carried large ziplock bags in my emergency kit for this in case my nausea got the better of me .

I called it risk management.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Caitlyn89
11-06-04, 22:34
Yea i guess...but im afraid to use it lol.

HB
12-06-04, 08:27
you are never "all alone"

H

Caitlyn89
20-06-04, 02:21
I feel like i am all the time

malc38
20-06-04, 15:23
I thought i was alone untill i discovered this site:)

malc

sal
20-06-04, 16:41
Hi Caitlyn

I know how hard this is for you at the moment, but you are never alone. You might feel you are but just the simple fact you can come on the site and talk to us, shows you are not alone. Everyone here is wanting to help you.

Love Sal xxxxx

Caitlyn89
22-06-04, 05:48
I know...i just wish i could get over this...dont say and you will...because at the moment im not

andrew
22-06-04, 10:55
hi caitlyn, we all have bad days where we feel nothings going our way or ever will but we need to remember where we are 'coming from'. can you remember panicking and not knowing what was happening and not telling anyone about it and how bad that felt, can you remember not even trying anything to help.
well look at yourself today in comparison to those times, you talk about how you feel here and whats going on with you, you even tried a medication to had your WORST 'anxiety' as a side effect - (so it didnt work out, not everything always will) - ask yourself if you would have even tried that 2 weeks ago.
you are getting over this, it might take a while, but its important that you tell yourself you are - dont let feeling alone or sad or scared overshadow the positive steps you are taking.
o yeah, well done for trying the meds. hope your having a nice day, keep in touch, you take care.....andrew

sal
22-06-04, 11:17
Hi Caitlyn

I know how it feels when people tell you you will get over this, at the time you feel it will never end, but it does. You will have bad days where nothing goes right and then gradually good days will come along. Even one good day can help you see the positive sides to carrying on fighting it. Everyone here want to help you and see you getting better. You are talking and sending in lots of posts and getting some really good advice, so hold on to that. Take care

Love Sal xxxxx

HB
22-06-04, 18:02
How about you try to start taking your bucjet out less and less, like for an extra 10 minutes at a time? try to faze it out, never just stop somehitng suddenly

H

Caitlyn89
22-06-04, 19:38
H,

I havent taken it out in a long time weeks until saturday when i had the remeron..now it hasnt left my side.
Andrew,
There is no change in me 2 weeks ago i would of taken the med and things would of went the same damn way.
Sal,
I cant handle things anymore. I just want to get a bat and bash the **** out of everyone that makes me feel like crap..preferably that would be my mother

Tessie28
22-06-04, 20:35
Caitlyn,

maybe you feel so bad about your mum because you are in the house all the time at the moment. Did you try councelling [sp] at all?

Do you have any brothers or sisters? It is such a lonely thing this.

love Tess xx

Elle-Kay
22-06-04, 22:20
I have a "sick bucket" in my car at all times - my family are used to seeing it now, and it only gets commented on when someone new comes in my car (in which case, I still blame travel sickness). I also carry around a couple of opaque bin liners in my bag, just in case (though I have never had to use one so far). In this habit, you are certainly not alone :)

Caitlyn89
22-06-04, 23:12
Leah...are you emetophobic...

Tess...i told you yes im in therapy just started...o n yes i do have a sister she is 11

Tessie28
23-06-04, 09:17
Sorry I hadn't read about the therapy.
Tess

Caitlyn89
23-06-04, 17:51
Its okie :-)

Rennie1989
24-06-04, 13:54
hiya leah, glad u took my idea

caitlyn: she has a fear of being sick, like u, u have a buddy now, lol

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

HB
24-06-04, 20:46
me too!

H

Caitlyn89
24-06-04, 20:47
Scooter girl,

YAY ! lol...do you ever go in the chats?

sal
24-06-04, 23:02
Hi Caitlyn

You have met people now who feel like you do, hope they can help you hon

Even your darkest hour only last 60 minutes!!

Sal xxxxx