PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Maginotwaltz
19-08-12, 12:03
Hey, all.
I think I have suffered from anxiety all my life, but masked it by drinking heavily for years. Gave up drinking (I was nearly dead) just over 3 years ago although I had a bit of a relapse lately.
When I was sober I got healthy, chucked off nearly 5 stone, ate well and felt better in every way. Except for the anxiety.
I have had 2 unbearable long-term periods of anxiety (mainly brought about by relationship failure due to lack of confidence and impotence)
I tried exercise, acupuncture, self help books, valium, drinking and restarting smoking all to no avail.
The last, lingering episode was unbearable and drove me to the drs. Was on citalopram 20mg for 6 weeks which helped for a while but anxiety returned and now on 40 as of 2 weeks ago. Slightly hampered by spending last weekend drinking in the sun which set me back a bit, I think. Not drinking again for the duration of these tablets which are helping loads but I hope will help some more.
Been reading these pages with interest. Not sure if I'll post much but thought I'd say hi as a lurker.
Nice to hear from you all and I will share anything I can if I can be of help.
Sorry if I'm rambling.

Serenitie
19-08-12, 12:05
Hello & welcome! :welcome: You seem to have a lot of insight into your anxiety. I wish you well and look forward to following your progress :)

nomorepanic
19-08-12, 12:15
Hi Maginotwaltz

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.