PDA

View Full Version : Migraine or Anxiety or both or something else???

Angelai
19-08-12, 13:19
Getting upset with myself and worrying lots now, any opinions on this...

I haven't been feeling well for months, various little things which I keep putting down to ibs and or anxiety. I think I just want some thoughts on this latest thing though.

For a couple of days I have been getting a niggling pain behind my left eye. I've also had some numb/tingling patches on my nose/face (which I've had before, quite a few times). I've been really tired/drained as well. Yesterday afternoon, the pain in/behind my eye kicked in really bad. I took paracetomol but it did nothing. The pain was in my head too, an area on top and a little towards the back. It was VERY painful and scary. I managed to fall asleep last night, but this morning it started up again and I've been feeling dizzy too. I do get vertiginous (sp?) migraine - or migraine associated vertigo, whichever way the doctors want to put it! So I have had the vertigo before, and classic migraines so I know the pain and aura. But I've never had this pain in my eye. Does anyone else get this with migraine?

I have been struggling with anxiety and feeling down much more the last couple of months. I've had other symptoms too but keep telling myself it's anxiety/stress/depression. Oh, and very out-of-whack hormones.

Like I said, I keep telling myself it's all anxiety etc, and hormones, just need a little reassurance :blush:

Thanks

Elise
19-08-12, 14:10
Hi angelai,
i too have had similar symptoms.. i worried about allsorts .. brain tumours - u name it! I only felt the symptoms weaken when i finally accepted it was anxiety and took long baths, read my book and chilled out. :-) You will be fine :) Today i have been feeling dizzy and worrying about my brain bleeding and me dying.. can you believe that? Lol. We're in the same boat and i'm sure if i can get through it (little miss worry!) you can too. Good luck

Angelai
19-08-12, 22:07
Hi Elise, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you feel like this too sometimes.

I took a valium and went back to bed. Then, called my mum (who has suffered migraines for years) and she told me she used to get the eye pain too. Funnily enough, when I accepted that some of the things I was feeling were migraine related, the other stuff settled down.

Yes, we CAN get through this :hugs:

davyboy123
20-11-12, 13:45
If you dont think it s anxiety then it s probably not. Have you looked at a sinus infection and or ear infection causing this dizziness? Also, make sure you dont have excessive "black mold" hidden away somewhere. And no toilet leakages.

shellyruby40
25-11-12, 00:35
Hi Angelai..
the first symptom of migraine i get is the pain in the eye..i guess its good to get it because it gives a warning.then the nausea starts..
migraines are so horrible..i always find imigran really helps me..takes off the severity of it..ive just got them on script thank god as they so expensive.paracetamol dosent do a thing for me either when i get them.i find i only ever get the eye pain when a migraine is looming..it all sounds migraine related..ive had the vertigo with it only once but am always dizzy with it..and the tingling on parts of the face and body..the first aura migraine i had freaked me out so much..felt like i was taking giant steps when i was walking..hearing seemed distorted..i had a dead arm and my eyes were zigzagging..but definalty the eye pain is the start for me and is most likely what youre getting..
it sucks dosent it..poxy migraines,dosent help when we also get anxiety to cope with as well.x