PDA

View Full Version : Please please reply

Elise
19-08-12, 16:05
I just a horrible panic attack - the first bad one for almost a week :( I thought i was doing so well.... anyway, i was worrying today about having a bleed from my brain and was trying to calm down until finally it just took over me. And it was different from my other panic attacks.. usually i feel light headed, dizzy and racing heart. This time i felt like blood was clogged up in my tthroat and i was gonna puke it all up, i felt like i was going choke and sufffocate and when i thought of that it made it worse .. i was hyperventilating like mad. Has anybody had this type of panic attack? Is it normal? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least tell me thats a normal way to have a panic attack and that im not bleeding internally.. im so bloody terrified and i have to get a train home later. 45 mins that takes i can't take it oh god please hlep me im doing deep breathing now trying to calm down but im terrified im going to die (as u can tell i haven't totally calmed down yet) sorry if i sound like a mentalist lol :( please reply PLEASEE sorry again ahh lol Elise x

Richard1960
19-08-12, 16:23
Hi.

Sit down and breath slowly and try to remain calm it can also help to cup your hand over your mouh and beath in,whilst not being very nice it will pass.

The main thing is too keep breathing normally.

Sorry you are having an attack bought on by compulsive thoughts.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Richard. xx:)

Helen1985
19-08-12, 19:18
breate hunni! honestly they can all start differantly, this was most likely just another panic attack! horrible things remember u have done so well and will again xx

magic girl
19-08-12, 21:38
your syptoms are normal to anxiety and panic i often feel like im going to choke when i have them and its also normal to think you are going to die but you won't and it will pass don't try to fight it just go with it and it will eventually ease of i hope your o.k xx

jonngait
19-08-12, 22:16
one thing you have to remember, our mind is a powerful thing... if we think over and over again that we're going to drown, or faint, etc, then our mind will take over and actually believe that we're having these symptoms... hence, responsing as if we did have it in reality... it's up to you though, to realise that your mind is a part of you, it's a powerful organ that you can learn how to use in your favour. we all had panic attacks like yours, and the only way to combat it is to fight its cause (your phobia) and not its symptoms (the attacks)... hope I was helpful!!! :)

Dizzzie
21-08-12, 13:35
Just reading your thread hope u managed to get through your attack can totally empathise with u when I go into an attack I cup my hands over my mouth and nose I stare at something and I try to visualise something funny in my mind if you have headphones try putting them on and playing music if I'm at home
I go into the toilet where it's quiet as I have two kids just cup my hand over mouth close eyes breathe in through nose count to 6 breathe out count to 6 x