PDA

View Full Version : CBT

xladyjx
25-07-06, 06:59
Does CBT actually work?

Wannabeloved85
25-07-06, 08:58
I voted yes totally. But maybe i should of put depends on the individual. Cbt is the most effective therapy there is,so i read, The only reason it doesnt work is because the individual doesnt take it seriously enough or simply doesnt put the effort in.
I think cbt with a cpn works better for people, my OT has me dpoing cbt, but on my own, and im not getting far! On the other hand, look at piglet! Shes doing FAB-TASTIC on her own. My friend pete had a cpn and that worked better for him, he gained a friend and support and the ability to go out again! It wourks! Only you can decide to walk out the door, you cant be pushed by anyone or dragged kicking and screaming! its your choice, the cpn is only there as encouragement, and i think that is why they work so well.
Just one persons opinion!
Becci x x x

troubledjoe
26-07-06, 08:42
personally if found it did not work for me. like the post above at the end of the day its down to you. you know yourself when your ready to tackle aspects of day to day life. today for example i wont leave the house but i will tomorrow. does that make sense? [Duh!]

axel
31-07-06, 22:19
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I voted yes totally. But maybe i should of put depends on the individual. Cbt is the most effective therapy there is,so i read, The only reason it doesnt work is because the individual doesnt take it seriously enough or simply doesnt put the effort in.
I think cbt with a cpn works better for people, my OT has me dpoing cbt, but on my own, and im not getting far! On the other hand, look at piglet! Shes doing FAB-TASTIC on her own. My friend pete had a cpn and that worked better for him, he gained a friend and support and the ability to go out again! It wourks! Only you can decide to walk out the door, you cant be pushed by anyone or dragged kicking and screaming! its your choice, the cpn is only there as encouragement, and i think that is why they work so well.
Just one persons opinion!
Becci x x x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Wannabeloved85 - 25 July 2006 : 08:58:48</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I agree. It has helped me way more than I ever thought it would and the more I work on the exercises (i do my tea form severyday still) the more progress I am continuing to make. I still have a ways to go to get where I want to be but for the first time in a long time I can see more light at the end of my tunnel:D