PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New here and new to panic attacks!

joyfulmidge
19-08-12, 16:43
been suffering from panic attacks for about a month now. have had paramedics out three times, been to A&E once. got an emergency appt with my GP and he prescribed Citalopram 10 mg. doing much better now, but the threat is still there. starting counseling next week. looking 4ward to discussions with alot of you. take good care! :bighug1:

nomorepanic
19-08-12, 16:57
Hi joyfulmidge

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Gotagetthroughthis
19-08-12, 17:11
Hi Joyfulmidge, welcome.

Glad to here your feeling better now your on Citalopram, how long have you been taking it for?

Sparkle1984
19-08-12, 17:15
Welcome to the forums. You'll be able to find lots of help and advice here.

Just out of interest, how did you manage to get referred for counselling so quickly? A lot of people on here have been waiting for a long time.

joyfulmidge
19-08-12, 17:51
been on citalopram for 17 days now. i could feel the diff in a couple of days.

Serenitie
19-08-12, 17:54
:bighug1: Welcome! There is lots of support on here xxx

joyfulmidge
19-08-12, 17:56
well unfortunately i also suffer from renal failure. my consultant got my appt with psych.

Sparkle1984
19-08-12, 19:08
been on citalopram for 17 days now. i could feel the diff in a couple of days.

I started to feel the difference after about 4 or 5 days. The first 4 days were horrible with side effects. I'm now on Day 10.

joyfulmidge
24-08-12, 05:13
knock wood , i haven't felt any side effects yet.

ms. myra
25-08-12, 17:37
Hi joyfulmidge,
I have only been suffering with panic attacks for about a month now; but, i had the paramedics out here once. I'm sure my anxiety would have been much worse, however, I attribute my knowledge to my brother who has suffered for 2 years now. I have hope seeing him driving and eating almost anything. I just take it day by day and tell myself that it's going to be a good day and that i am feeling better. Best wishes.

joyfulmidge
08-09-12, 16:25
hi myra! i hate to here anyone suffering with panic or anxiety. hope you're getting help. the people on this site are great too! take care!

midge :bighug1: