PDA

View Full Version : I don't think its working

Fay_elizabeth
19-08-12, 19:02
I kind of feel like maybe the citalopram isn't working. In week 2 and 3 I really felt something, I was more awake, more chatty and more confident. This week (week 5) I just feel nothing except my teeth grinding tons.

Yesterday I went to a park with my boyfriend and a few friends and had a picnic and a few beers (3 cans) and now today I feel terrible, just really empty and crap and tired and disinterested.

Should I speak to my doctor, is it too early to tell?

Sparkle1984
19-08-12, 19:32
It's probably the alcohol which has caused you to feel awful today - they do recommend not to have much alcohol with citalopram (in fact it's best to avoid alcohol altogether as it can cause your side effects to be worse, and it can also stop the tablets from working properly).

Week 5 could still be a bit too early to tell - some people have said it can take up to 8 weeks to feel the difference.

morning_blues
21-08-12, 21:59
Hiya,
I'd say it's still too early. I felt it kick in afer 10 days or so but noticed a real improvement after 8 weeks. I was still up and down quite a bit even after that. It really helps to keep a diary. I've been on cit since last october and it's really interesting to read back through my diary and see how much progress has been made.
Really good idea to stay off booze whilst on cit - not a good combination!

fashionroadkill
21-08-12, 23:05
From past experience with anti anxiety & anti depressants I agree that after drinking you can feel pretty rubbish for a day or so afterwards. Ive cut down on alcohol this time 'cos I remember how poo I would feel the day after drinking.
i'd say give it time & if you still feel bad after a couple of weeks maybe speak to your dr.

Fay_elizabeth
23-08-12, 15:24
Thanks guys, I spoke to my doctor yesterday and she agreed that I need to up my dose, so since yesterday I have been on 20mg a day, I feel a bit wired and headachey like when I first started out but I'm staying positive and I don't think I'll be drinking again in a hurry!

Dizzzie
24-08-12, 00:06
Hi there I just started citalopram four days ago think it takes a while to adjust I'm still have night te panic attacks but doctor did say its not a quick fix hope you fell better soon doctor did say don't drink on them until you have been having them
For some time x:hugs:

Fay_elizabeth
24-08-12, 18:31
Thanks Dizzzie, you too!

Dizzzie
25-08-12, 11:09
thanks fay elizabeth how r u feeling now ?:hugs:

Fay_elizabeth
25-08-12, 17:05
I kind of feel slightly like I did when I first started taking the citalopram except definitely not as bad. The teeth grinding is my biggest annoyance at the moment, plus the disturbed sleep.

How are you feeling at the moment, what dose are you on?

Dizzzie
27-08-12, 11:14
hi fay elizabeth im not too bad althougth yesterday was not a great day or this morning , im on 20mg i too have teeth grinding sleep is an issue for me aswell and when i had to go out yesterday car was horrific !!!! how r u today ????