PDA

View Full Version : PCOS, or depression? or PMS? so confused! please answer

Littlehelper123
19-08-12, 19:20
When I was about 11 or 12 I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) after I was diagnosed they didn't really do much about it. They just said that if i start gaining weight and have excessive hair then to try the pill.

When I was 14/15 i started getting panic attacks really badly. spoke to several doctors all of which had different opinions. Some said it was an after shock of my brother passing away, some said it could be related to pcos , some said it could just be teenage hormones.

Now I have overcome panic attacks, i get anxiety, awful mood swings and I have gained about 3 stone (42 lbs) in the space of 12 months. Now I have NO IDEA if that is because i started pigging out or if it is my pcos.

I am SO SO SO confused as to what is wrong with me. I am due my period now and i feel like crap. Negative moods, feeling hopeless, crying, YESTERDAY i was okay. Not great, but i was okay, i went out shopping, saw family and had a laugh. today im just the opposite.

I'm 17 if this helps. I just can't go on like this it's doing my head in. And because I have anxiety i'm obviously thinking the worst. I keep feeling like i'm going crazy ='(

Can anyone give me some advice or reassurance?

thanks x

LilyPad1991
28-10-12, 04:41
Get to your GP as soon as possible... It sounds like you're having a rough time and seeing your doctor is a definite place to start. I imagine your current symptoms and experiences are to do with depression, anxiety, PCOS and PMS. The weight gain in particular, especially if it happened quite rapidly, should be looked into. Of course the depression is a key issue too but I think dealing with any underlying physical ailments will be beneficial to your ability to deal with any negative feelings. Message me if you fancy a chat :)

PanchoGoz
28-10-12, 11:55
I have two best friends with PCOS and they find they're monthly time really bad and they do both have weight problems. I would shat with the doc to see if there's anything he can do :)