PDA

View Full Version : CIPRELEX - Anygood?

mnavarra
25-07-06, 07:45
Dear all,

I have just been prescribed ciprelex after citalopram was not so good. I find myself crying a lot more and i hardly sleep. Its been 10 days now. What have your expereinces been like and has any one tried cbt to treat anxiety?

Matt

Phill2
25-07-06, 09:47
Gday Matt
Cipralex turned my life around for the better The first 2 weeks were a bit rough but its been great ever since I take 10mg/day

Don't believe everything you think.

evenflow
25-07-06, 23:37
cipralex sent me right over...i was prescribed it took a single 10mg tablet and i went into complete panic and almost mania...i never took another tablet it scared the hell out of me and left me on vallium for a week waiting for the next attack...i thought i was going crazy...i then started cbt and after only four sessions it has helped me greatly...panic attacks have gone last being 3 months ago although i still get derealisation and depersonalisation...i am also on st johns wort and fish oil tablets and both seem to have helped..
i hope whatever road you go down it works for you.

Phill2
26-07-06, 11:22
Hi Even
I was like that with Aropax but find Cipralex fine
Phill

PanickyPolly
26-07-06, 14:09
Made me very ill. Sent me crazy with anxiety and made me tired, sweat more and gave me convulsions. Also lost a lot of weight as it changes the metabolism. I've had it with meds now. Natural remedies are far safer.

Phill2
27-07-06, 01:01
Hi polly
Thats funny It made me gain weight. I guess we're all just different cause the natural stuff just doesn't work for me
Phill

Dennis
03-01-09, 17:52
Hi, i am currently on Ciprelex and it works good for me. But my psychiatrist warned me about the side effects, that the first 2 weeks it will feel allot worse. So she gave me some strong sedatives, that i could take if i got too rough. I need to take the sedatives 4 days but after that there were no problems.