PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found calling a helpline to be any good?

Anxious_gal
19-08-12, 19:56
You know a helpline like the samartins?
Can you ring when you're panicking or just feeling scared?

I think it'd be great to have someone to talk to as I wouldn't feel so alone .
But I've never worked up the courage to ring :/

I know they can't give advice but what kind of things do they say?

Annie0904
19-08-12, 20:04
I called Samaritans once but they didn't help at all. I guess if they haven't experienced it they can't help. I phoned No Panic once and they really helped to calm me down as the person I spoke to really understood and knew what to say to help me.

Pipkin
19-08-12, 21:18
Hi there,

I've never phoned one but I used to work on one a few years ago. They can really help people to talk through issues with people who understand. It's not about giving advice, but more about listening and guiding people in the right direction.

Pip x

magic girl
19-08-12, 21:44
iv used the no panic helpline and found them really helpful as the people you speak to have also suffered from anxiety,panic or depression so yhey know exactly how you feel:yesyes:

Serenitie
19-08-12, 21:58
No Panic has an amazing team who listen are supportive and genuinely want to help you. They will even go through breathing techniques with you if you are having a panic attack :yesyes:

rachel m
21-08-12, 18:06
if you feel to anxious about talking to anyone as i do i would highly reccomend PASS THROUGH PANIC audio book by Dr Claire Weekes that you play on your cd player. the book itself has been around for years and thousands refer to it as their life saver. she talks to you in a straightforward no nonsence approach as if she is sitting right beside you. her voice is so calming and reassurring. I find it invaluble. Ihope this helps you:).