PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and eye ache

Worrychick
19-08-12, 20:20
I have suffered from worrying for years, mainly due to losing my mother from cancer at 47 I think. It seems to have got worse over the last few years as my children are growing up (now 17 & 18) and since a miscarriage 4 years ago. I used to worry about school trips, car trips, kids general health etc..exams, and everyday stuff; my anxiety symptoms were very situational. Now however, I seem to have anxiety symptoms when I am not even aware I am anxious (assume these are underlying anxieties). This is worse for me as I cannot always attribute my physical symptoms to the way I am currently feeling and therefore this causes a health anxiety. For example the last few months I have had eye aching and nausea and this can go on for weeks then it will stop for a while and then start up again. I've been to the optician who says my eyes are healthy and the Dr and had blood tests and all seems okay; and it has been put down to anxiety. However, it seems to have started again recently and because I am not consciously feeling anxious about something I then worry it is something more - cancer, brain tumour, underlying illness. My son leaves home soon for Uni and my work is very stressful at times and I wonder if this is the underlying cause. Does anyone else feel this way and how do you cope with it and reasurre yourself it is not something serious. Feeling sick is really getting me down although my eyes have been fine today! Also, on holiday last week, I seem to be okay; which is the only thing that is reassurring me it is underlying stress. Thank you.

bottleblond
19-08-12, 20:41
Hi there

I'm not medically trained but it sounds like a tension headache to me.

Anxiety works in some very weird and wonderful ways. We can have the 'Symptoms' when we are not feeling particularly anxious. This can then make us anxious because we begin to worry about what the cause is. It's a vicious circle I'm afraid.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Lisa
x

Worrychick
19-08-12, 21:53
Thanks bottleblond; you are right, it is vicious circle and breaking it is so hard. But chatting about it really helps; so thank you for replying :)

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Sorry just noticed your name, thank you "Lisa" x

bottleblond
19-08-12, 22:13
You're more than welcome. :hugs:

Worrychick
21-08-12, 21:33
Eyes aching again today; seems to swap sides randomly too...so annoying; interestingly fine at night though....i think it is because I am focussing on it; but wish it would go awy :(:weep:

Anxious_gal
21-08-12, 21:46
do you have any sinus issues as they can cause cheek and eye pain.
Also migraines can cause eye pain and nausea too.

Worrychick
21-08-12, 22:08
I did consider it may be sinuses but no cheek pain and sinutab did not help....have never suffered from migraine unless it can be mild and just cause the eye ache.