PDA

View Full Version : Sudden pain behind knee - very scared :( help please!!!

Jsp
20-08-12, 04:45
I was laying in bed feeling very itchy for some reason, I then got up and went to the bathroom, got back into bed then suddenly got this awful pain behind my right knee! It was like a dull shooting pain, almost a burning pain, and would come every now and then, and would be very quick, sometimes for no reason and sometimes with movement. It was like this for about five minutes and then it stopped, although I just moved my big toe and got some pain behind the knee. There's no visible swelling or redness.

Well, I'm EXTREMELY worried. I have a terrible fear of DVT (posted about it many times here before) so I automatically associate any type of leg pain with it.

If anyone has any idea what it is, or any advice please comment :( panicking so much right now that it's something serious! It's nearly 5am and I just want to go to bed without any pain or worries for once :(

The pain comes every now and then with movement now. I think I am able to walk on it though (haven't tried lol).

nervousmummytobe
20-08-12, 12:20
Probably over sensitized nerves! Any feeling like that I get I always imagine it as too much adrenalin not being used up so it had to have some effect ? When you are constantly stressed or anxious your body doesn't have time to reach a normal state so it's constantly on edge and releasing more adrenalin as you are telling it that u r in danger when in actual fact you are not in danger ! Therefore these un used adrenalin is released through other ways causing weird and sometimes painful sensations

Jsp
20-08-12, 17:11
Yes I do hope you are right! Or it could be due to the sciatica, aslong as its not dvt :( my leg and thigh hurt a bit today, and I get pain behind my knee when I walk up the stairs.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Now I'm panicking again :( when I walk up stairs I get a shooting pain in my calf, and a minute ago when I was walking I got some awful shooting pains in my calf. It comes and goes. I'm so worried about dvt :(

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 17:20
You could always ask your gp for a d dimer blood test. I was so scared of a dvt last week i went to a+e. They gave me a d dimer and it came back fine. But for some reason im still worried about it.

Not sure if ive been any help, but i hope i have been.

Jsp
20-08-12, 21:06
Yes I suppose I could, although I think they're fed up with me so it's a bit embarasing :( and what was your symptoms? I have pain going into my foot a bit now. I hope it's just related to my back.