PDA

View Full Version : Day 8 Escitalopram

dez
20-08-12, 10:53
Don't know if this is worth it. I was bad before starting on Escitalopram, but now I'm 10 times worse. I just feel spaced out and on the verge of a panic attack most of the time. I am still working, but have been finding it harder and harder since I started this medication.
If it wasn't for the diazapam, I wouldn't make it out the house at all.
I feel like if I take time off work, I'll be sitting in the house constantly worrying I can't go out and that'll make me even worse.

How long do these horrible feelings last for?

Serenitie
20-08-12, 11:15
What dose are you on. I started very low on 2.5mg for three days then increased to 5mg. I'm on day 6 and I am feeling a lot better. I take at night with food and use the tiredness as an advantage to get a good nights sleep. By the morning I have a lot of energy which only starts to drop off late afternoon as my next dose approches :)

dez
20-08-12, 11:37
I'm on 5mg and have started taking at night. Most people say it takes around 3-4 weeks to work. My stomach feels all butterflys and I feel a bit detached. I'm also dizzy a lot and get really sore heads. It's a nightmare.
Glad to hear it's working for you.
I'm prepared to give it a go though for about 5 weeks. It's nothing by then, then I'll be stopping it.

Jmac
21-08-12, 19:18
Hey Dez,

I was the same as you for the first month or so. It took me a little longer than most to really start feeling well but I can tell you that it is well worth the wait. I too started a 2.5 for a week, night-time dose with a little food (yogurt mostly) then upped it by 2.5 every week until 10mg. Took a little over a month for the 10mg to settle in but when it did, it was so great. I haven't felt this good in years.

I'm just past 1 year since starting and for the most feel pretty consistently well... great, in fact. A blip here and there depending what's going in my life - and there are lots of stressors these days - but I'm able to handle them all much better than I ever thought I would.

Hang in there, it really does get better!

JMac

dez
22-08-12, 11:22
It's day 9 now and I've never felt worse. Over the last fews days I've started waking up at about 5. My stomach goes into knots and my head fogs over. I can't get back to sleep, so I get up and have a cigarette. This sends my head into a spin and I get totally dizzy and can hardly make it up the stairs back to bed. I then have to lie there with this nervous (and I mean going to die nervous) for another hour and a half before I have to get up and get ready for work. This wasn't happening until I started the Escitalopram and I feel like I might have to go off sick, which I realy do not want to do as it's the only thing keeping me sane. I really need help here!

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Forgot to say. I have no appetite anymore and am being sick (dry wretching) every morning.