PDA

View Full Version : balance

tricia56
20-08-12, 13:01
hi just want to ask any one if they have problems with thier balance as for long time now my balance has been bad ill try and explain how i am firstlly im always walking on my tips toes even when standing still like if im washing up or standing still i im on my tiptoes and my legs are stiff and when im walking its feels as if im not walking strate i know it gets worse when im really anxiouse and have been to see my gp and he has said that its the anxiety ive asked loads of ppl who have anxiety but no one else seems to have this problem and i cant seem to stop thinking that it isnt anxiety it must be something phycical and because i dont know any one else like it it makes me more anxiuose so just thought id ask on here to see if they have the same problem and maybe it will make me feel abit better and exept that it is anxiety thk you

dez
20-08-12, 13:07
I suffer from really bad anxiety and have major balance problems. Sometimes it's like being drunk. A lot of the time I feel like I'm going to fall over. I'll get into a stressfull situation (which is even going to the shops at the moment) and the back of my head will tighten up and I can't walk properly.
Believe me, you're not alone.

flossie
20-08-12, 15:29
We were talking about anxiety and balance during my CBT group last week. Several of us stated that we all start to walk with our feet moving wider apart to stop the sensation of falling over. You are not alone and it's 'normal' while in an anxious state. Just accept that it is another of those peculiarities we have and nothing to worry about.

tricia56
20-08-12, 16:04
thk you both for ur replys its made me feel alot better knowing im not alone and it is just anxiety so thk you