PDA

View Full Version : So depressed. Just went to shop and felt like I was walking into another dimension.

dez
20-08-12, 13:39
Thought I'd take a walk to the shop on my lunch hour. It's a sunny day and when I walked into the dark shop with lots of people in it the back of my head went kind of numb and I could hardly move. Just wondered round the shop like a zombie and bought some random sandwich. I'm back at work and had to take a diazapam to get over the experience. I'm taking my daughtre swiming tonight and really worried I'm going to freak out again.
It's making me soooooo depressed it's unbelievable.
I'm curently on day 8 of Escitalopram and am taking up to 4/5 2mg diazapam a day. I really need to know there's a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

janielee
20-08-12, 13:47
Hi there I feel like that loads but I ignore it the best I can its an awful feeling I've just been on my weekly shop to asda and I felt like a robot alien type thing walking around I think it's just the fog it goes there is always a light at the end of the tunnel hope you feel better soon x x x Even if you do freak out tonight at swimming you have people around focus on feel the panic rise and fall the more we go along with it and try and show the no fear which is like climbing a mountain in a bikini half the time but once we start to leave it to be there the sooner it passes x x x

dez
20-08-12, 13:56
Thanks Janielee. Ths has happened to me before a couple of years ago and I got over it then (which is what I'm always telling myself).
I was on Citralopram the last time, which I think didn't work. I then went onto taking them with diazapam and eventually got back to work after 5 month, which I think was a catalyst for getting myself back to normal.
What's you're story Janielee? How do you cope and what are you taking?

Gotagetthroughthis
20-08-12, 14:00
I no what you mean Dez, i feel for you. Ive been feeling like this for about a week now, when im at home the fog is bareable but as soon as i go out anywhere the mist desends and its like your in a complete dream world. Horrible.

dez
20-08-12, 14:48
It's been happening to me for about 3 months now. Diazapam helps, so it must be an anxiety thing. Can't stay on diazapam for ever though.
My local Tesco is my arch nemisis. I keep going there to test how I feel. I think it's a lot to do with the change in lighting (Tesco is very bright). I also like dark days as well, so maybe it's a light sesnsitivity.

janielee
20-08-12, 14:48
I'm sure you will get through this gain that's kinda my mantra at the min x x x I've had depression and anxiety since having my 1st angel but when my husband joined the army I had it like I'd never had it before I lost weight couldn't leave the house for fear I was going to drop dead for no reason other than my mind telling me ten I got better without meds then around a month ago I felt anxiety comming and going just put it down to taking the pill but the night before we went on holiday the fog landed I've made sure I go out everyday this time and I've started taking citalopram 10mg which seems to be ok no side affects tht I can pin point as yet I take it at night so that could be why I haven't noticed anything I suffer Derealisation something terrible but I just ignore it don't show it bothers me it does get on top of me sometimes but my GP has said I'm a fit healthy women bugger off so I kinda got to just et on with it lol x x x

dez
20-08-12, 15:24
Doesn't the derealisation get you down. It depresses me to hell and makes me not want to go anywhere. I can't just ignore it, I wish I could. Have you got any tips on how you do this?

kittikat
20-08-12, 16:36
Dp/Dr is horrible and it really can be frightening. I am sorry you have had a rough time with it. My therapist said you need to do something to 're-awaken the senses' like for example focussing on a smell or the feel of something, listening to music or the noises around you or looking at something and taking it all in (even if it's just a tin of beans!!) It's not easy and it takes practice but I have found it to help at times. I guess I have just got so used to the feeling now though and I know it will eventually pass. And it is a hard thing to ignore when you feel like you are in a bubble watching things from the outside, like you are just going through the motions in robotic fashion. Sorry I can't help more, but I wish you well and know you are not alone. Kitti :)

janielee
20-08-12, 17:53
Being around people as much as it makes it seem worse at times by chatting and challenging it I kinda don't realise I'm ignoring it but I am x x x walking my deaf doggy eating an ice cream thinking of a colour and naming all the foods that are that colour or walking bear foot when it's been raining jumping on the trampoline singing really loud I will do anything to just feel something x x x x I think my depression kicks in because of my dearealisation which is when I know I got to find me again x x x I'm blaming some of this on me quiting smoking!!! X x x I hope something I've typed can help lol x x

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Also my weeks seem strange when I think back over the week time seems weird!!! I'm pretty much sure this is the pain Derealisation x x x x