PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat

lizmarshall
25-07-06, 11:04
Hi,

I've had a 24 hr ecg done and it came back fine but am still worrying, i know as sufferers we have eptopic heart beats but mine seems to be fast all the time (between 90 and 110) i dont remember it being that fast before i started having these attacks!!

Is this normal?

Liz

jackie
25-07-06, 11:13
this is totally normal to have a faster heart rate when anxious or esp panicked. haveou read claire weekes book self help for your nerves which covers this well

jackie

lizmarshall
25-07-06, 11:42
Sorry forgot to add that I am not panicing or anxious when this is happening

Liz

jackie
25-07-06, 11:55
liz even when you are not panicking your heart rate takes a while to calm down. how are you feeling when these fast rates come, even slightly on edge? bear in mind that a normal heart rate can range from 60 til 90 and that the range is just average. 90 is not that fast and if your even slightly on edge that 90 would be around normal.

other normal things can elevate a heart rate too and i dont see this speed anything to worry about

hope this helps

jackie

Will Loynes
25-07-06, 17:16
Hi Liz,
that heart rate is identical to mine, I had one of those 24 hour monitors twice before and it came back with exactly the same reading.
I also have a heart rate monitor for running and my rate never seems to come down to the average 70bpm, when I run tho my heart rate is higher than that of my freinds. I spoke to the Dr who advised me to keep excercising, and not to worry about heart rates.
I did notice on another post that someone had beater blockers for a short period and that when they came off them their heart rate was higher. I have had a beater blocker called Propranalol (?) and put it all down to that!

Try not to think about it too much, the heart is an extremely strong muscle.

All the best

Will :)

polly daydream
25-07-06, 22:29
Hi Liz, are you under any stress at all at work, do you drink lot's of tea or coffee? just a thought hun. I expect your dr has asked you all that anyway, I suffer a rapid heart rate quite alot and don't touch caffeine, even when I'm not anxous, I am having tests at the moment. If you are still worried, then go back and ask for more tests, you are entitled to, even just to put your mind at rest.

Take care,

Polly

april tones
25-07-06, 23:47
Hi liz, could be your fibro? If its having rough patch/flare? xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com