PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Xusername
20-08-12, 17:23
Hello fellow anxiety sufferers.... I'm glad that I'm not alone and that I have found this forum. A little about my anxiety... I have had panic attacks for over 25 years in varying severity. I've been managing them fairly well up until this summer. I took the summer off to relax and enjoy some major alone time. Well that turned out to be a bad thing for my anxiety. I've had some health issues as well. Staph infection then a week later I was in the hospital for chest pains. Turns out that Im hypoglycemic and that was contributing to some of the anxiety. I am going to a regular doctor soon as I haven't had any health insurance up until now (getting married this week). I've been having neck pain for the last few days... To the point of wearing a brace at times. Well this morning I woke up with a painful lump above my left ear. I also have a painful lump in my throat on the right side when I swallow. However my glands are swollen because I know my body is still fighting the infection from 2 months ago! They took me off of the sulpha antibiotics and put me on an ointment because I had an allergic reaction.
I'm embarrassed because I feel like a weak idiot. I've also had a couple of dizzy spells to the point that I grabbed my head and got up saying "oh my god what is happening!?". I feel :roflmao: pretty silly as I realize that if I'm dying then I am dying.... A coward dies a thousand deaths a courages man only one. But I feel strangely lonely.... Afraid..... And at times like I was completely insane.
I have a 20 year old son that has become agoraphobic over the last couple of years as well. This was after witnessing his brother have repeated seizures and refusing to take medication. I think this has worsened my condition as well.

Nice to me you all. :blush:

P.s. I also suffer from PTSD, self diagnosed dysmorphia, social anxiety etc. etc. etc.

P.s.s. I'm terrified to take ssri's, but I do take Xanax every great once in a while.

nomorepanic
20-08-12, 17:37
Hi Xusername

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Xusername
20-08-12, 20:09
Thank you!:D

BobbyDog
20-08-12, 20:10
Hey Xusername,

Welcome and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, I hope you have a wonderful day.:yahoo:

:welcome:

poppy63
22-08-12, 23:17
please dont worry about your neck i had the same thing a couple of months ago and also had a very sore throat to the point where i made an emergency apt at the doctors as i needed antibiotics, the doctor informed me that it was stress and anxiety due to pressure at work. look at it logically,you are going throught a really stressful time , gettig married and worrying about your son.this will lead to other anxiety symptoms if you dont chill i know because is has happened to me. enjoy the build up to your new life :)