PDA

View Full Version : swollen face, fat cheeks, cancer?

whybother
20-08-12, 22:36
I have a round face, fat cheeks and i think it means i have cancer? Does anyone else have this?

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

PLEASE??
:mad:

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 22:39
Hi,

I don't think they're any symptoms of any cancer I've looked into, and I've looked into quite a few.

What is it about the symptoms that makes you think it's cancer?

I also think I've got cancer too at the moment, but I've got a serious definite symptom of it. :-(

whybother
20-08-12, 22:41
Thanks, Yeah i really don't know why, i am convinced i'm dying..what do you have??

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 22:48
I know anxiety can make your face feel numb, at least it did with me sometimes.

My stools have been yellow for about 3 - 5 months now, and the past 2 weeks they've been very pale yellow almost gray coloured, and everywhere I look it says pancreatic cancer :-(

whybother
20-08-12, 22:54
Might be fatty foods.. I know it can happen with meds too? Do you go to the doctors or are you like me and too scared to go?

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 22:58
I've not had any fatty foods since friday, and I've had the symptoms for around 4 months, and they've gotten worse the last 2 weeks.

I go to the doctors, but end up not saying everything I planned too and then stressing I forgot to say something really important.

Do you not go to the doctors at all? Perhaps you could go and see a nurse at your local doctors surgery? Which might help keep you calm, and if she thinks it needs a doctor to look at it she might be able to go and get one there and then, and you wouldn't have the worry of being scared of an appointment.

whybother
20-08-12, 23:05
yeah i do go when it is really important but I get sick of going because My pulse races and i think i'll have a heart attack..yeah and then don't say what i was supposed to say .If you had Pancreatic cancer you'd have jaundice, pain and weight loss ....I think you'll be okay.

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 23:11
I've got the pain (a bit) and I'm thinking the yellow stools and I've been itching a lot too means jaundice :-( although I went to A+E today and the doctor looked at my eyes and didn't say anything was wrong, but I don't know what he was looking for.

Are there any walk-in clinics near you that you could go to? That might make it easier.

whybother
20-08-12, 23:15
he'll have been looking for yellowing of your eyes and skin.. Did they do blood tests>? yeah but i hate them lol...i have relly bad panic attacks there and end up crying..oh dear..I will go to my doctor just hate doing it. Do you get scared at A&E?

Pipkin
20-08-12, 23:18
Whybother,

Are you allergic to something? That can cause facial swelling. My advice, check with your GP.

Pip

Anxiety Jim
20-08-12, 23:21
As strange as it sounds being in A+E really calms me down... Not so much the waiting room part, but once i'm taken through, and I'm sitting in my own little cubicle I think, if anything happens now I'm definitely in the right place.

Although for my current worry of cancer it really doesn't help, I was in A+E last week too, and they took blood, and said everything came back fine, but I don't know what they tested for.

How long have you had your symptoms for? It might help if you thought of it as suffering maybe 20 - 30 mins of feeling anxious at the doctors, and in return you get peace of mind for a few days/weeks/months/years about your symptoms.

whybother
20-08-12, 23:31
Yeah you're right.. Thanks

whybother
21-08-12, 05:45
Whybother,

Are you allergic to something? That can cause facial swelling. My advice, check with your GP.

Pip
Thanks, but i think i was just being silly.. maybe just tiredness and dehydration and also sleeping too much.

Jules147
21-08-12, 10:04
I've got the pain (a bit) and I'm thinking the yellow stools and I've been itching a lot too means jaundice :-( although I went to A+E today and the doctor looked at my eyes and didn't say anything was wrong, but I don't know what he was looking for.

When you've got jaundice the whites of your eyes go yellow. Your liver function tests would also be through the bloody roof.

Your eyes are not yellow, your liver and pancreatic function blood results were normal, were they not?