PDA

View Full Version : Feel So Scared Of Every New Day :(

CherryCola
20-08-12, 23:35
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone will understand me or have some advice for me because I don't feel like I'm living anymore.. I'm not managing this very well at all.

It starts every morning, I'll wake up early and toss and turn for a couple of hours and then the shaking starts and I have this feeling of not being real or not knowing if I'm really awake or not. Eventually I have to get up because my stomach starts churning and I subsequently feel sick all morning. It's a fear of the day ahead..

I try to keep myself busy during the day, but I seem to just break down and cry at the most inappropriate moments, so I really don't feel comfortable going out or being with company for too long. Sometimes it's really tough trying to swallow the lump in my throat and having to hold everything in until I can get to my room or the bathroom and just sob. I try to eat, but my stomach starts to hurt and I have little appetite.. My heart pounds and I feel breathless a lot too.. At the end of the day I go to bed and it just starts all over again when I wake up.

Right now, every day is just hell and it has been for three months now.. I don't know when it will end and I really would appreciate any words of advice.. I started up on 20mg of Prozac again, but I'm not seeing any effect yet.

Thank you for listening x

BobbyDog
21-08-12, 08:00
Write a list of all the(small) things you would like to do with your life.

Set yourself one task to do each day that will improve your quality of life in some way.

Praise yourself when you have completed your task, by treating yourself, perhaps a bubble bath, bar of chocolate, something that you really enjoy.

If you haven't been taking the Prozac very long, give it time.

barbn
21-08-12, 15:42
I totally know how you feel - it takes a while for the meication to kick in and do its job (or to find out the correct dose/medication that will work for you personally). In the mean time you are kind of left struggling. I agree with BobbyDog - myself I will make a list of 3 things I need to accomplish today and I FORCE myself to do them no matter what. Sometimes I am crying the whole time - I have even gotten sick to my stomach - but I have to do them. I am usually exhausted when I am done - but you know what, I did them and I felt proud! Don't be afraid to be honest with yoru Dr....if you don't think your medication is doing its job, say something. Medication will not take all the feeling of anxiety depression away but it should take the edge off and make everything more bearable! Keep posting and talking - even if you feel you are "bugging" people or saying the same thing over and over!! Its so important to keep talking!

spuder
21-08-12, 15:54
ican understand i feel anxious in the morning and i say to myself why do i feel this way then when i get up i retch and start shaking. but by dinner time i feel better as i relise that today is a good day. ive recently had a marrige breakdown my niece got stabbed in the arms my uncle died of cancer. but now am trying so hard to get my marrige back on track

miraiiro
21-08-12, 18:44
I'm going through a pretty similar thing at the moment where I've been waking up every day for the past three weeks at 5am, where I then spent the next couple of hours tossing and turning in bed in an attempt to get back to sleep. That only makes me more and more anxious until I eventually start panicking, which then leads to crying (and sometimes even hysterics). Mornings are always bad like this, but for some reason I start feeling a bit better in the afternoon and evening. I have no idea why. I also haven't found any way of dealing with it yet, other than to start taking the Venaflaxine my psychiatrist is about to prescribe me, so I hope to god it helps. Hopefully, you'll start getting the benefits of your medication soon. They always take time to kick in, so try to hang in there for a little while longer. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help, but I thought it might be at least a tiny bit reassuring to know that there are other people out there who understand how you feel and are experiencing the same things you are. Please feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat. :)

CherryCola
21-08-12, 22:51
Thank you very much for all of your replies - I've had another tough day today and this really helped.

I will try all of your suggestions :)
BobbyDog - I have to admit I struggle to feel motivated to do much. Which I guess really isn't good because I've found I've just sat for hours worrying and crying, when I could have been doing something productive to take my mind off of it.. It's just the struggle to get myself up and keeping busy. I try to keep reminding myself to stay grateful for the little things that do make me smile; it's just a constant battle in my head - I feel kinda okay for a second and then the sadness washes over me again.

I'm thinking the Prozac is making things worse right now, but I'll keep going with it and give it time to really work into my system.

Barbn - I'm only on 20mg at the moment.. Last time I had anxiety I was put on 60 and that seemed to help, but I think it has to be a gradual thing.. So I'm not sure when I can increase the dosage - I'm assuming not for a while. I know how you feel :( I do always make the effort to get washed and dressed now (I admit some days I just didn't see the point) and it does make me feel better, but I do tend to just cry on and off throughout the day which is a bit of a nuisance :(

Spuder - Yes, I can relate to that! The shaking starts as soon as I wake up and I also often start retching when that horrible feeling of dread takes over. I do feel a little better towards bedtime, but I don't know if that's just because I've exhausted myself with it all during the day and can't wait to just sleep and forget everything. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time :( This recent anxiety happened because my Fiance left me and I was diagnosed with an incurable disease. These things do seem to happen all at once, unfortunately.

Miraiiro - Yup, I also wake up and try to get back to sleep, but the anxiety starts and then my mind gets so busy, it's horrible. I do know what you mean, I had a bit of a hysterical panic attack today. Sobbed for ages afterwards and then felt somewhat better for having gotten it out of my system. I think for me, it really is just a fear of the unknown and of the day ahead and worrying how terrible it's going to be. Hopefully the medication will be working soon! Some days I just wish someone would come sedate me, lol. You were helpful :) It certainly does help to know I'm not alone with this! Thank you!

tommy1982
22-08-12, 00:56
I know where you are now Cherry. Went through the same feelings for months and months afraid to get out of bed to face the day yet impossible to sleep you just toss from right to left hundreads of times.

You feel a bit better going to bed only to dread waking up anxious and feeling like the world is going to end tomorrow.

The prozac should work its a pitty he didnt put you on lexapro or effexor something for anxiety , prozac can take a while to work it can help greatly with anxiety however with the others you may have fealt the effects after a week.

If you really cant take it anymore , go back to your doctor and get valium for a week or so, 3 does of maybe 5mg it builds up in your blood if you take it regularly and it will have you feeling normal while your taken it after about 2 days.

But its a ****er for getting hooked on. However if you get a break from the anxiety for a week or so maybe the anti depressiant will kick in

at the moment your under a cloud and parts of the day will come spikes of you cant do it or cope with it anymore thats normally its waves of anxiety panic hitting you full blast just remember when that happens to remember its only a really bad wave.

feel for you.. really do its a horrible way to be. use the meds to get better , dont try and do it alone no matter what people say to you.

CherryCola
23-08-12, 00:05
Hi Tommy,

Yes, it's just the worst feeling.. I know, sometimes when I wake up, I already feel like I'm dying or something. It's hard to explain but it's such a horrible feeling of dread and terror. I just tend to lay curled up in the fetal position shaking, lol.

I really hope the Prozac starts working soon. I need to see an improvement with this.

Yes, I definitely have those feelings.. I often just feel like I can't go on anymore. I've been battling this severe anxiety for seven years now and it's just exhausting.

Thank you for your advice :)

cjemc
22-11-13, 13:05
Hi CherryCola I can relate to your suffering entirely. I have just had a very very bad past hour during which I believed I was dying and was on the verge of calling 999 such was the dread, panic and utter terror that I felt. My retching was severe, my stomach was churning and one minute I was sweating and the next I was shivering with goosebumps and a runny nose. I feel like crap today and I wish this would just end.

LisaLisa
22-11-13, 23:02
Hi I feel bad in morning too...dread In pit of stomach agitated and screaming inside with fear. By midmorning i feel much better a bad dip in afternoon and then much better usually later evening. I sometimes wonder if its low blood sugar or something like it that causes the timing......I also find its worse if I eat bad food too. Does any one think similar for them?
Lisa xx