PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and mouth ulcers

Cmcdonald88
21-08-12, 00:01
I have sufered from anxiety for over a year now and recently i feel as if im back at square 1 i keep geting ill from colds to viruses sore throats etc and generally rundown i scare myself as i have had a breakout of cold sores and mouth ulcers for 3 weeks now and thanks to google i am convinced it is oral/mouth cancer and i am making myself feel more ill thinking this! It is affecting my everyday life does this happen to any1 els

Anxious_gal
21-08-12, 02:12
Oral cancer would be a mouth sore that never goes away :)

Anxiety affects the immune system so you keep picking up cold, try a good multivitamin

eileenb73
21-08-12, 02:13
Yes , I think when you are anxious you over-breathe and that can dry out your mouth, you tongue rubs on your teeth and it causes mouth ulcers, especially if your run down/tired as your bodies immune system is running a bit low, so then the vicous cycle starts , you worry about something else being wrong and you get more anxious , just try and get plenty of rest and drink water, use a good antibacterial mouthwash 3 times a day and apply bonjela,

poppy63
25-08-12, 16:59
i hd the same problem at the end of my pregnancy,my mouth was full of ulcers all my glands were up in my neck,i was terrified.luckily i was in hospital at the time and the doctor prescribed vitamin c talblets (soluble) i went within a couple of days

Anxious_gal
25-08-12, 19:06
Try drinking that drink Complan, it's got every vitamin in it I think.
My mum always drinks it when she's run down and it comes in lots of flavors.
I buy it in my local chemist :)

cattia
25-08-12, 19:36
Yes , I think when you are anxious you over-breathe and that can dry out your mouth, you tongue rubs on your teeth and it causes mouth ulcers, especially if your run down/tired as your bodies immune system is running a bit low, so then the vicous cycle starts , you worry about something else being wrong and you get more anxious , just try and get plenty of rest and drink water, use a good antibacterial mouthwash 3 times a day and apply bonjela,

Yes, exactly this, I always get really sore patches inside my lips and at the end of my tongue when I am super stressed and I think it is over breathing and also clenching my jaw so much at night. I have suffered all my adult life with recurrent mouth ulcers and they always flare up if I am stressed and run down.