PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here. heres my story

stefb
21-08-12, 01:28
Ive been having what i thought was issues with my asthma for the last few years.

Until a few nights ago after a couple of drinks with some friends i began struggling for breath and felt like i was distant from myself, all i could feel was a strange tingly feeling in my body.
My friend decided to call the emergency services and a paramedic was sent out, he done all the usual checks which Ive been having and as usual decided i was fine. unlike all the others Drs Ive seen he actually tried to get to the bottom of this and came up with the thought that i may be suffering with anxiety and depression.

To me this suddenly seemed all to apparent, the last 5 years have been pretty bad for me.

I was mugged at knife point, My parents split up after domestic violence in which me and my father had a fight and my mother was left with a cut to her face this also went to court adding more stress, my girlfriend who at the time was 16 was thrown out by her parents and moved in with me, her parents hated me which made life hard, her sister developed cancer and after a long fight with it passed away, i was not allowed to attend the funeral which finally ended my relationship with my girlfriend.

I also feel Ive developed an anger issue with this as well as i struggle to control my aggression and left my girlfriend with several black eyes after arguments but she understood there was an issue there and we tried to get passed it.

I recently rekindled a relationship with my first love and she also knew i had issues and is probably the main reason Ive stayed so strong as shes always been there to help but the relationship didn't last and i now feel like Ive lost my best friend as me and her no longer talk.

nomorepanic
21-08-12, 01:38
Hi stefb

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Serenitie
21-08-12, 10:42
:welcome: There is lots of support available on here :)