PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains for over a week now, please help :(

AaronB
21-08-12, 08:03
Okay, so I went to a wedding last weekend. And pretty much since then I have had chest pains. It moves about a bit, sometimes in the centre, sometimes to the left or right, and sometimes it goes round to my back.

It is a sharp pain mostly. Kind of like indegestion, or trapped wind.

I've also recently changed my mattress from a very soft memory foam job, to a quite firm pocket sprung mattress. It is quite a lot firmer than my old one.

So I'm wondering. I'm either still paying for all the anxiety I felt when going to the wedding. As in all the muscle tension. (It does seem to respond a little bit to taking Ibuprofen, as they are anti-inflammatory).

Or is it the new mattress? With it being so firm is it literally hurting me as I sleep? I tend to move about a bit when I sleep, sometimes on my side, sometimes on my back, never on my front though.

Also, due to the heat, I have a pedestal fan running all night in my bedroom. It's on my side of the bed, about 2 feet away from me, and is set so that it is kinda pushing cold air onto my entire body. I'm wondering if this could be the issue, like when a cold draft is in the room you wake up with muscle pain/ache?

Today I have a foam mattress topper being delivered, to hopefully ease the hardness of the mattress. I will also move the fan so that it's not directly on me.

I'm beginning to worry now though, in my head I'm thinking heart problems, or lung cancer :(

Anyone able to relate? Offer some reassurance?

I don't really want to go the doctors again just to be told go home and relax.

Please help.

eileenb73
21-08-12, 22:59
Hi
I just wanted to reassure you that I can have constant chest pain for weeks, which is anxiety related, try not to worry.
It could be a combination of all you have described but now youre worrying about it will hang around so to speak.
The kind of pain you describe doesnt sound like heart problems, but if unsure at all get checked by GP, wouldnt hurt.
Heart attacks tend to be a central crushing pain ,dont tend to last for hours or days, angina is usually worse after exercise and causes difficulty breathing. My HA is always about my heart so I understand how frightening this is, any doubt at all about chest pain get it checked, I know now when mines is anxiety its a constant ache and can move about, I check my pulse and its usualy withing normal limits, bp is fine and breath is going in and out which tends to reassure me my life is not in imminent danger. Try not to worry youve taken action to sort it .